GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My trunk setup. Another stealth-audio, with a twist.

kimsballs

Ready to race!
It's a $3. Speaker grill from amazon. Yes Pioneer's is different and looks stupid and doesn't protect the speaker. It touches the outside edge a bit, but I couldn't find any definitive answers on whether this was ok. Even asked some audiophiles at work, and they couldn't think of a reason why it would hurt anything. So... Let me know if you know better, I'll remove it. And thanks guys for all the criticism, bad or good. :)

phd-12v

Go Kart Champion
I think it looks clean. What I would do though is where you put the amp, maybe build a 1 inch frame wrapped in carpet and mount the lights to shine down. So it looks lit and hides the edges. Just an idea from seeing the photo. Great job though. I like seeing simple effective installs.

D Darko

Ready to race!
I think it looks like it works great. I agree about Pioneers being unattractive and not very useful. Besides that, it sits up too high and won't work well under the carpet. Does this one sit higher than the box top and if so by how much? Might give it a try for 3 bucks.

kimsballs

Ready to race!
I think it looks clean. What I would do though is where you put the amp, maybe build a 1 inch frame wrapped in carpet and mount the lights to shine down. So it looks lit and hides the edges. Just an idea from seeing the photo. Great job though. I like seeing simple effective installs.
We're on the same wavelength. I have been trying to think of a way to do just that, and make it look goo, and functional.

nikbrewer

Go Kart Champion
that looks great!

makes me wish i had made by lexan logo's. I have tried several types of levan, and some machine well, and some just melt, so until i get that issue resolved, blain wood logo's for now.

It would be sweet if there was a way to light the logo too

Goobax

Ready to race!
You should have made the plexi part out of wood with only the top being plexi IMO. Looks good all things considering though. Are you not worried about heat issues?

jerm

Ready to race!
Hey, looks nice! Do you have any issues with rattles? If so, nothing that Dynamat or an alternative product can't fix!

kimsballs

Ready to race!
Not worried about heat, the sides of the plexiglass box are open. Should be fine.

and no rattles. Nik put sound deadening inside which helps.

I may be able to light the uberstealth logo Nik. I ordered 4 12" smd strips. I'll see how it looks if I light it from the side. Try to throw the light through it. if it looks good I'll hide the wires and stuff, probably can run them into the box by drilling a small hole under the logo corner. We'll see.

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
It does look damn good man. :thumbsup:

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
If I'm honest, you could try routing that plexiglass again. Take the honesty as a sign of respect, too - where imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, this is what I'll attempt myself when the itch to "balance the tones" finds me.:w00t:

Anyone with a Unibrace XB think it'll still fit well?

kimsballs

Ready to race!
Cleaned it up today, if you ever work with plexiglass use a mappgas torch and clean up the edges, it looks 1000x better. Except I scratched the schit out of it with a dremel. :(