GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK6 stage 2 kill stories, lets hear them!

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
On Beach Blvd last night walked a FR-S no big deal

Eurodyne stage 2 tune|Autotech dogbone insert|FK street lines coilovers|Rev D dv|Manzo eBay Dp|custom 3" catback|P-flo intake|R8 coils

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
Coming home from dinner and an HHR SS pulls right up on my ass and tailgates me for a good 1/2 mile. The road widens to two lanes at the next stop light and she pulls next to me and starts revving and I see its this middle aged lady. She guns it and I walked her pretty hard and I just let off the gas, she flys by means just continues down the road. She must of been in a hurry. Her HHR did have a pretty sweet exhaust tone though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been dying to get revenge on one, but I never see them around here. I had one walk me when I had my Jetta 2.5, didn't realize what I was up against :lol:

Trytun

Go Kart Champion
I've been dying to get revenge on one, but I never see them around here. I had one walk me when I had my Jetta 2.5, didn't realize what I was up against :lol:

Yeah, it was pretty quick - I definitely wasn't expecting that.

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, it was pretty quick - I definitely wasn't expecting that.

I just read an article on one, I've never read much about them, but it is pretty quick stock. It's as fast as a stock Mk6 GTI to 60, and traps higher than a stock GTI, and it's not as heavy as I thought, weighs under 3300lbs...260hp/260tq, all of this with manual trans, the automatic is just god awful and not worth noting.
Tuned they're beast too, watched a video of a trifecta tuned one holding even with a stock '14 5.0...

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
Damn was finally able to pull on my buddy's 370Z Nismo last night! I think the dsg tune, a fresh oil change, and stage 2 intake pipe might've been what helped up top or something. I definitely need an Intercooler upgrade to go back to back

Eurodyne stage 2 tune|Autotech dogbone insert|FK street lines coilovers|Rev D dv|Manzo eBay Dp|custom 3" catback|P-flo intake|R8 coils

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
On the way to work this morning, I caught up with the douchebag and his '91 Acura NSX. Every morning, he's been riding my tail when I'm driving my other car (stock '00 Integra). He tried a few times to do a ricer flyby but couldn't even pass me. Finally, I slowed down and he comes besides me and stares. LOL. haha...IDIOT, I swear. I guess he will have some lame story to tell his coworker's when he gets to his shop. Car has dealer tags by the way.

Acura NSX smoked ...... CHECK

Edy.Ct

Go Kart Champion
Got walked by a M235i :)

I let off the gas for a moment because of the car in front

Mods on the GTI (stock EA113 w/ K04, DSG):
Revo Stage 2 tune
3" catted downpipe; stock catback
EvoMS V-Flow intake
KWE Intercooler (70mm inlet/outlet)

M235i said he was stock; ZF8 gearbox

5 people in the GTI, 3 in the M235i
With only the drivers in the cars the result probably would have been different

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
^^^
in case you aren't aware....this thread is for cars with Stage 2 tune, not K04 upgrade. :iono:

Edy.Ct

Go Kart Champion
The GTI Edition 35 comes stock from the factory with the K04 turbo; so it's basically a FWD Golf R...
Noted, I won't post anymore :)

Last edited:

zrickety

The Fixer
The GTI Edition 35 comes stock from the factory with the K04 turbo; so it's basically a FWD Golf R...
I learned something, thanks for sharing. Is there a dedicated K04 thread?

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion

You're fine, it's a GTI, it's stage 2, you have it noted in the description under that video that it's K04 from the factory, keep posting IMO.

zrickety

The Fixer
The GTI Edition 35 comes stock from the factory with the K04 turbo; so it's basically a FWD Golf R.
I learned something, glad you posted. Is there a dedicated K04 thread?

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Not really a kill, but went up against a dodge caliber srt4 today. Not sure all he's done to it except a bov and an exhaust since I could hear them, but it was pretty dead even. I might have pulled ahead just very slightly, but it was really close.

fast2ghl

Ready to race!
Got walked by a M235i :)

I let off the gas for a moment because of the car in front

Mods on the GTI (stock EA113 w/ K04, DSG):
Revo Stage 2 tune
3" catted downpipe; stock catback
EvoMS V-Flow intake
KWE Intercooler (70mm inlet/outlet)

M235i said he was stock; ZF8 gearbox

5 people in the GTI, 3 in the M235i
With only the drivers in the cars the result probably would have been different

This ^

I have no problem eating the 235i alive..... with 5 people in the car that could be anywhere from 700-1000lbs of extra weight.... Yeah, that will make things different. Good video thou!