GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Need new end links for coilover install?

Brad09

Ready to race!
ECS's install guide recommends new sway bar end links when installing coils. My GTI has 105k miles so I'm replacing all the strut mounts, bearings, etc. I'm installing some ST coils so it won't be slammed. Would I need new end links with this setup and mileage?

CHerna

Ready to race!
Considering the mileage, and age alone, it's always a good idea to change them. I don't think you'll NEED to change them, but better than screwing around with them sooner than later.

zrickety

The Fixer
You will probably notice them creaking if you don't change them with everything else.

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
When you lower a car you put the oem end links into a bind. It does shorten their life due to being put in a bind. It may also cause them to make noise. I'd replace them with some adjustable ones while doing your suspension work.

Brad09

Ready to race!
I assumed I just needed the OEM replacements. Would I need adjustable ones with the amount of drop that ST's give? I want to make sure because they are more expensive.

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
Many people run oem with lowered cars. Use them & replace when the die or buy adjustable ones. You do realize that ESC recommends new ones because they sell them.

Brad09

Ready to race!
Many people run oem with lowered cars. Use them & replace when the die or buy adjustable ones. You do realize that ESC recommends new ones because they sell them.

Yes, that's why I didn't just take their word for it and buy them right away, and instead came on here to double check. It seems like the consensus though here is that replacing them would be a good idea with the mileage my car has. Now I just need to know if they need to be adjustable for the ~1.5" drop from the ST's or are OEM replacements fine?