GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Kansas City

jwcardy

guess i need to pay more attention to this section haha. i would have driven down if i would have know.
-wes

jwcardy

Drive down this weekend and buy my brand new magnaflow cat back exhaust :)

no money for gti goodies right now haha...im in the process of baggin my wifes 2012 beetle and e85 swapping my boosted s2k.

jwcardy

yeah, the car is currently only running a set of rc1000s. i may just see what i can do with those but to max out the 35r thats on it, i dont think they will be enough.
-wes

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
Saw another Golf R Mike, a CSG at Mission Rd. and 75th or close to there. Now we know there's at least two R's in KC.

Credit

Ready to race!
Dude I think I want a Golf R. Fugh.

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
Golf R is awesome for sure. I'm going to try to keep this gti for the duration. My first of 7 cars that im actually content with. I've said this before but it feels different this time.

Last edited:

TheBrandon

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi guys! My names Brandon. Left my baby (08 Stage 3 WRX) for a 2012 GTI some time back. I live in Lee's Summit. Thought I would sound off here. Really missing the Subie community and the days of helping people out with Turbo swaps and full builds just because they owned a Subie. Amazing community with a ton of great people.

Saw this thread and wanted to say hello! I took my WRX so far I have been relieved having a stock car. Stage 1 is EXTREMELY tempting though.

What is the total price on the Stage one? Worth it coming from Stock? I didn't think I wanted to put any money into my GTI as I have been unsure how long I wanted to keep it. I've been eyeing a BMW but simply love the hatch. Subie interior is way to cheap to go back right now though I really miss the performance. I bought this car with no intentions to build it knowing the difference in performance from what I was use to. I have 11,000 miles on it. Nice thing about the Subie was you simply needed an AccessPort for stage one and two tune (TBE for parts). Stage 3 of course you put it on the dyno and get protuned.

Where are people buying the vagcom at?

Nice to meet everyone!!

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
Welcome Brandon! I actually work in Lees Summit so if you want a ride in a Stage 2 GTI I can show you that it is "worth it" :) Stage 1 is plenty fun as well and during the APR sale it can be had for $600 (local shop charges $200 install though)=$800 total. Again it's totally worth it to me because stock the GTI is...WEAK. I went Stage 2 the cheap way for about $1200 total (ie. saved a ton on my downpipe).

I have vagcom and will work on your car for a one time $20 fee. Just let me know what changes you want to make. If you ever want additional changes or need a diagnostic before going to the shop I will do that no charge after that one time fee.

I am leaving on vacation for a week but holler at me after that and maybe we can meet in Lees Summit. Welcome and you made a very good choice!

Credit

Ready to race!
MBorVW has vagcom. He *was* stage one until a few weeks ago. He's gonna tell you to tune it, but I'll let him sell you on that.

Bob Hindson Racing is (I think) the only place in town for a tune. http://www.kcporsche.com $600 for a fully loaded ECU (When on sale. Summer sale I would imagine will be in July/August) plus $200 for labor. $800 total.

Most people get an intake to go with the tune. That ranges from $200-$500 depending.

-Charlie

Credit

Ready to race!
Wow you beat me to it Eric. Real cool bro...