GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat16:Race For 10K Posts - Will Achieve Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaber

Modero
Pretty sure this car asked me to trade it in soon.

Went to go run a quick errand and car started clanking and cel flashed. Waiting for a tow to dealer now.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
... and 4 mattress stores, 3 McDonalds, and a couple gas stations.

The best part is seeing the Del Webb residents riding their Rascal across Rt. 47 to get to the WalMart.

Sun City.

Huge (HUGE) community out in Huntley here that's for 55+ crowd.

http://sccah.com/

Obscenely overpriced but the upside is at least you don't have screaming kids running around in the summer.

Yeah i heard the prices are pretty high there, area is really building up out there. Like randall road construction every few miles some fast food joints, walmarts and grocery stores.

Went to go run a quick errand and car started clanking and cel flashed. Waiting for a tow to dealer now.

Coil pack? epc flash too? cold weather will do that.

Keep scanner in your car next time but bummer man, keep us updated.

everything is fine , dont stress it :thumbsup:

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion

Oh Dang, the GTI?

Jaber

Modero
Oh Dang, the GTI?

Yeah. I started it yesterday to move it and it sounded fine. This morning a lot of clanking, no vibrations or backfires. Once I saw cel flashing I turned it off.

Since were moving I haven’t been able to find my vagcom cable. Might have a BT dongle somewhere in car, but haven’t found it yet. Geico sending a tow, should be here in a couple hours.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Yeah. I started it yesterday to move it and it sounded fine. This morning a lot of clanking, no vibrations or backfires. Once I saw cel flashing I turned it off.

Since were moving I haven’t been able to find my vagcom cable. Might have a BT dongle somewhere in car, but haven’t found it yet. Geico sending a tow, should be here in a couple hours.

you sold your bluetooth dongle to me :iono:

Did you request a flat bed or you dont care if dolly?

That clanking could be a coil pack, it sounds terrible. keep your chin up :thumbsup:

Jaber

Modero
you sold your bluetooth dongle to me :iono:

Did you request a flat bed or you dont care if dolly?

That clanking could be a coil pack, it sounds terrible. keep your chin up :thumbsup:

I bought a couple more for the android headunit. But dat China quality, got 3 replacements already lol.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Not good.

I have a VAGCOM if you need to borrow it - tho I imagine the dealer will have one already...

Jaber

Modero
Not good.

I have a VAGCOM if you need to borrow it - tho I imagine the dealer will have one already...

Found my BT dongle. Says misfire cylinder 3. But when I googled the timing tensioner failure, it usually throws one of these codes for misfires. I probably didn’t run it long enough to register anymore codes.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Found my BT dongle. Says misfire cylinder 3. But when I googled the timing tensioner failure, it usually throws one of these codes for misfires. I probably didn’t run it long enough to register anymore codes.

How many miles on the car?

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Think a year left for powertrain and I have until 2020/75k for extended. Extended warranty covered the radiator leak in the summer. My deductiable now is like $25.

warranty on that is 5 years 60k anyways so youll be good

very good chance its a coil cause cold weather.... are they seated properly ?

i mean its a long shot but if at home might as well take a look :iono:

goodluck

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Think a year left for powertrain and I have until 2020/75k for extended. Extended warranty covered the radiator leak in the summer. My deductiable now is like $25.

Cool.

I bought the "extended warranty" when I bought Sharon's car... not sure how long it has left actually, gotta be up soon, we bought the car in late 2013.

Jaber

Modero
Cool.

I bought the "extended warranty" when I bought Sharon's car... not sure how long it has left actually, gotta be up soon, we bought the car in late 2013.

Yeah I got the 7yr/75k mile “bumper to bumper”. Got it for a cheap price. First deductible was like $250. Going forward it’s only $25.

I have red tops and checked if any popped out and they all look fine. At this point I’m not going to risk it and try to diagnose in the freezing cold. All videos I watched for tensioner failure, mine sounded like that. I’ll be glad if it was a coil pack lol. Free tow via geico.

Status
Not open for further replies.