GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Member Car Journals

Old 11-25-2013, 05:27 PM   #57
J-Cooz
Formula 3000 Driver

Drives: 2010 Golf Sportline
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolHead View Post
I know it. I buy and sell cars a lot, many times ones that are hard to compare. I've developed a bit of a knack for valuing cars, but we'll see how I can do on the truck.

Next time you're on this side of the border, let me know. I love debauchery in this city.
Will do brosky!
J-Cooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 05:42 PM   #58
jansonchan226
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: 2012 GTI
fair enough.. Don't know whats it like to own more than 2 cars really...
My bike mechanic has a 944 with some minor paint defect on it, every time I bring my car in for service I ask him to sell it for me and I would get rejected 100% of the time. His wife doesnt know about his purchase 6 years ago... maybe I should pay a visit to her... haha
jansonchan226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 08:56 PM   #59
PetrolHead
Formula 1 Driver

Drives: Ellis Juan
The 944 is a labor of love. They don't cost Porsche prices, but the parts sure do. It is, in my opinion the absolute best handling car you can get for the money. Its neutral, it challenges you, it rewards you, its truly exceptional. I miss mine daily. Thats living with car ADD. it ends now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zillon View Post
Some say, he owns a Saab 9-4X. And some say, he also modified an AMC Pacer. All we know, is he's called PetrolPlac.
PetrolHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 10:32 PM   #60
iGTI
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: A car with round vents
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolHead View Post
Thats living with car ADD. it ends now.
LOL how many times have you told yourself that

S3 16'
STG 1+ Sold
iGTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 10:54 PM   #61
PetrolHead
Formula 1 Driver

This is actually the first time I've really committed. I used to enjoy my ADD, but lately its feeling more like a burden.
Quote:
Some say, he owns a Saab 9-4X. And some say, he also modified an AMC Pacer. All we know, is he's called PetrolPlac.
Old 11-26-2013, 12:05 AM   #62
troyguitar
FIA Formula 1 Champion

Drives: 2004 Z06, 2005 Vibe GT
I still want to get a 944 turbo and/or MR2 turbo one of these days, those seem like they must be awesome to drive after some maintenance/updates.
troyguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 07:25 AM   #63
PetrolHead
Formula 1 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyguitar View Post
I still want to get a 944 turbo and/or MR2 turbo one of these days, those seem like they must be awesome to drive after some maintenance/updates.
I've only driven an MR2 once, and after not fitting, I really didn't enjoy it. I can't really comment on the drive.

The 944 is a whole different world. It really doesn't take much to be reliable, and I beat the hell out of my car and it never let me down. The only issue with the turbo is insane 80's turbocharger turbo lag. But the car is geared to compensate for it on a track, so it's really only an issue in Auto-x. There, you can leftfoot brake.

There's something about driving a perfectly balanced car with ZERO nannies. My car didn't even have ABS. It taught me threshold braking, high speed car control, etc. All other cars have paled in comparison since I had it...and it's probably why I haven't been able to settle on anything since. For the price, I think any driving enthusiast should have one at one point.
Quote:
Old 11-26-2013, 09:15 AM   #64
PetrolHead
Formula 1 Driver

I might need to remove my e-mail from the BaT list, it could get dangerous.

http://bringatrailer.com/2013/11/25/...e-944-turbo-s/

Insanely overpriced, but what an incredible car. Most 944's were abused when they plummeted in value, finding one in this shape is near impossible. AND, if this really is market value, I'm going to kick myself even further up my ass for selling my car, I got it for a steal.

Car ADD hurts kids, don't let it happen to you. You make a lot of sales you could regret for a long time.
Quote:
Old 11-26-2013, 11:36 AM   #65
johnny_p
Formula 3000 Driver

Drives: 2010 GTI
That Pacer is awesome. Nice stable.

I actually do still drive a MK6
johnny_p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 11:37 AM   #66
PetrolHead
Formula 1 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_p View Post
That Pacer is awesome. Nice stable.
Thanks!
Quote:
Old 11-26-2013, 12:48 PM   #67
golftdibrad
FIA GT Champion

Drives: '10 GTI, honda nc700x, ferd f250
Car ADD sucks. I've had 2 kit cars, a mustang gt, 2 miate, and my golftdi all in the last 3 years. Oh the cash I've blown...
to end up back in what i had the most fun in...a German hatchback... But hopefully it ends here for me as well.
golftdibrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 12:50 PM   #68
PetrolHead
Formula 1 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by golftdibrad View Post
Car ADD sucks. I've had 2 kit cars, a mustang gt, 2 miate, and my golftdi all in the last 3 years. Oh the cash I've blown...
to end up back in what i had the most fun in...a German hatchback... But hopefully it ends here for me as well.
haha, I noticed that in your intro thread.

The german Yaris has serious staying power. It's a great car that should meet all of our needs. We just need to keep reminding outselves of that!

Quote:
Old 11-27-2013, 09:44 AM   #69
PetrolHead
Formula 1 Driver

I swore I'd not take other threads too far OT, so after some discussion in another thread about finding a MKI Rabbit:

http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/cto/4144307662.html

These have been posted for a while. If I had the space for two of them, I'd probably pick them up to play with.

Then theres:
http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/cto/4157391584.html

Fun fact: the diesel Rabbit is so slow, it's 1/4 mile time is FASTER than it's 0-60 time.

Still, if it's clean enough, could be a good candidate for an engine swap. Being a diesel, I could swap in whatever I wanted and sell it in California for a significant profit since it's smog exempt. I love cross country trips, this would be a fun one.
Quote:
Old 11-27-2013, 09:49 AM   #70
PetrolHead
Formula 1 Driver

Oh, then there's this fucking thing:

http://bringatrailer.com/2013/11/26/...1985-bmw-528e/

I've always wanted an e28, and with an LS1 and T56...FAK.

Of course it's only about 1.5 hours away from me too. I wonder how capable this thing could be built for the track? Price also seems to be steep, but I know I couldn't build it for that.
Quote:

Tags
black spoilers and ramz, dat wheel gap, domestic rice, lswoons and airbrush art, mittenplac, plac of detroit, tommygunsensibleoldwoman, v8 colbalt ftmfw