GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My car is only approaching 26k miles, but it's 4 years old. Schedule?

CFG9000

Ready to race!
Wondering if I should move any maintenance items up just due to time, even though my mileage per year has been pretty low to this point.

The only things that have really been touched on the car is the oil and battery.

Should I be looking into spark plugs yet or anything like that?

zrickety

The Fixer
must be nice to barely drive a car
I feel the opposite, sounds depressing. Low miles are great, but I can't stop driving this car. I would stick to mileage based service unless you store it long term.

ashchuckton

Ready to race!
I'd change out the brake fluid, at 4 years you are 2 years past due. It absorbs moisture over time & that isn't good for the brake parts.

CFG9000

Ready to race!
must be nice to barely drive a car

I feel the opposite, sounds depressing. Low miles are great, but I can't stop driving this car. I would stick to mileage based service unless you store it long term.

2.5 mile commute for the first few years of ownership. Now it's 20 miles so they will be going on a lot faster. :laugh:

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
My commute went from 22 miles round trip to 1.5 miles round trip.. So i put on about 25 miles a week now. "Luckily":)iono:) i do some trips everynow and again going to the larger cities near me. So going to Orlando is like 150~ mile trip(in total) and St. Augustine is around 200~ miles or so round trip.

I do my services based on mileage or when im getting close to one and its been a long time.

Last edited:

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion

haha....I was being sarcastic. At the moment, I have 102K on mine and I barely drive it since I picked up a daily driver. I do drive the GTI at least once a week.

Yeah, I know what you mean because there are countless forum members with low mileage cars and they have issues with their cars just about every week.

Along The Razor's Edge

Ready to race!
Wondering if I should move any maintenance items up just due to time, even though my mileage per year has been pretty low to this point.

The only things that have really been touched on the car is the oil and battery.

Should I be looking into spark plugs yet or anything like that?

For the first few years, I was running very low mileage (~5K miles per year) on my car, now running a bit higher (~20K miles per year).

I'd say anything around fluids...oil, brake, transmission, fuel, coolant. I did my DSG at 4 years and 30K miles.

As stated above, you may be due a brake flush and a DSG service. Think about doing your fuel filter as well.

ArcsandSparks

Ready to race!
Change the brake fluid, if you haven't done the cabin air filter I'd do that as well (if you live in a high-pollen area).

spenny02

Ready to race!
2.5 mile commute for the first few years of ownership. Now it's 20 miles so they will be going on a lot faster. :laugh:
Wouldn't this type of driving greatly increase the carbon buildup on the valves? May need a valve cleaning sooner than most.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk