GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Usp High Flow Cat 2.5

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
nop had this installed few months ago, no engine light
Are the gains worth it $ ? I was thinking of getting it but it cost as much as a tune. There is always that question, how well it will work with a tune, as the exhaust volumes change quite a bit as with the longrunner header.

Last edited:

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
I have it with a UM tune, I would say you get power at high rpm, it doesn't throw CEL ;)

Hmm, ... with a 200 cell free flowing CAT in the USP pipe, i would expect a pretty good bump right across the RPM range, the UM Tune is an Off The Shelf (OTS) tune that is optimized for CAT Back exhaust system, you may NOT be getting the full benefit of the USP pipe, as it would allow almost double the air flow, which would require more fuel to be injected or will run lean or leaner. The UM OTS tune does lean out the fuel mixture which is counter to what you want, so with USP pipe the stock tune maybe better. Anyway custom tuning is prolly better when you install parts like the USP pipe or a long runner exhaust header. I think Vikingsloth eluded to this a few months ago.

Thought?

Last edited:

Grant16

How much louder will it be than a catback? i am scared that the coldstart will be to loud and i will have all the neighbors hating me

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
How much louder will it be than a catback? i am scared that the coldstart will be to loud and i will have all the neighbors hating me
+1 I was thinking of using the USP pipe paired with the stock mid muffler and GTI Axleback muffler thats currently on my Golf. I think that is the only solution to keeping it civil, plus the exhaust baffling within the muffler works with the normally aspirated stock header design. You need some exhaust back pressure for a NA engine to work properly.

After I finish my intake manifold project I may investigate this further.

FlowMK6

Ready to race!
Hmm, ... with a 200 cell free flowing CAT in the USP pipe, i would expect a pretty good bump right across the RPM range, the UM Tune is an Off The Shelf (OTS) tune that is optimized for CAT Back exhaust system, you may NOT be getting the full benefit of the USP pipe, as it would allow almost double the air flow, which would require more fuel to be injected or will run lean or leaner. The UM OTS tune does lean out the fuel mixture which is counter to what you want, so with USP pipe the stock tune maybe better. Anyway custom tuning is prolly better when you install parts like the USP pipe or a long runner exhaust header. I think Vikingsloth eluded to this a few months ago.

Thought?

You might be right, someday I should get a custom tune from UM, the dealer told me I got something like a N/A tune with a muffler delete option

Once my car is fixed, I will make a post about 02Q swap, everything people needs to know, some tricks,advices and what parts you need for a swap, plus a review ;)