GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Why I love my GTI

Presto

Passed Driver's Ed
When I had my 06 v6 accord I use to get a ton of douche bags wanting to race. I usually would race just to see how my car stacked up against others and I loved to hear my exhaust note.

I've owned my GTI about a month now and so far I have not had a single person try to race me, I think people aren't interested in racing against hatchbacks because my best friend had the same problem in his speed3.

Anyways onto the goods part of the rant. Tonight I was walking out of my dorm room to get a book out of the GTI. I was following behind a group of guys that were just bashing every single car in the parking lot. I go to Pittsburg State University that has a large Automotive program, so there is a lot of amazingly clean cars that these kids were just trash talking. I end up being parked about 10 spots from these kids and as I'm getting the book out of the back of my car I can hear them talking. One of the guys must of been showing off his new car because the guys were freaking out about how it was a five speed and then the kids proceeds to get in the car and rev the crap out of it. His raspy fart can inspired me to hop in my car and do a quick first gear pull by them. As I past them I see they are standing around a cavalier and I start laughing to myself. I'm waiting at the exit of the parking lot and heard one of the kids say something along the lines of "lets go it's just a hatchback."

So I pull out of the parking lot and wait at the first intersection on the main street. Luckily it was a stop sign and there was no traffic out tonight so I had time to wait for him. The guys pull up quickly with the windows down and music blasting. I don't even both to roll down my window and just wait for him to give the three honks.

I wasn't holding back because I really hadn't driven my car hard until now. I get through third gear and was already cars ahead of this kid so I slow down and coast to the next stop sign. I wait for him with my window down, and as soon as he pulls up I can't contain my self and say the first thing that popped into my head. Cool cavalier bro.

I know this was a pointless story but so far this monday night football game has been boring and I left my book out in my car again, so let me just be the first one to say it. Cool story bro. :rolleyes:

Larry70454

Ready to race!
The GTI is an inside car, as long as you're inside it is great. From the outside its just a hatchback, and a slow one at that :)

stevenchkim

Go Kart Champion
Here's a little article from some random auto journo on the car you beat:

"When swapping your tires on your Cavalier you want to keep in mind that the vehicle is a simple commuter vehicle that is light-weight and not produced for speed or efficiency. With that becoming stated you do not want to go with premium overall performance tires for this vehicle. In truth if you do you will much more than probably be investing cash that you do not require to since the tires will outperform the automobile and are overkill... the suspension and managing abilities of this car do not require it."

Now go kick some puppies and push crippled kids.

Presto

Passed Driver's Ed
haha maybe the kid with a fart can on his cavalier should read that. I know its just a cavalier, but it was just fun messing with a kid that had no idea what he was messing with.

jaycheetwood

Go Kart Champion
lol cavaliers.

Djmikeyd

Go Kart Champion
When I had my 06 v6 accord I use to get a ton of douche bags wanting to race. I usually would race just to see how my car stacked up against others and I loved to hear my exhaust note.

I've owned my GTI about a month now and so far I have not had a single person try to race me, I think people aren't interested in racing against hatchbacks because my best friend had the same problem in his speed3.

Anyways onto the goods part of the rant. Tonight I was walking out of my dorm room to get a book out of the GTI. I was following behind a group of guys that were just bashing every single car in the parking lot. I go to Pittsburg State University that has a large Automotive program, so there is a lot of amazingly clean cars that these kids were just trash talking. I end up being parked about 10 spots from these kids and as I'm getting the book out of the back of my car I can hear them talking. One of the guys must of been showing off his new car because the guys were freaking out about how it was a five speed and then the kids proceeds to get in the car and rev the crap out of it. His raspy fart can inspired me to hop in my car and do a quick first gear pull by them. As I past them I see they are standing around a cavalier and I start laughing to myself. I'm waiting at the exit of the parking lot and heard one of the kids say something along the lines of "lets go it's just a hatchback."

So I pull out of the parking lot and wait at the first intersection on the main street. Luckily it was a stop sign and there was no traffic out tonight so I had time to wait for him. The guys pull up quickly with the windows down and music blasting. I don't even both to roll down my window and just wait for him to give the three honks.

I wasn't holding back because I really hadn't driven my car hard until now. I get through third gear and was already cars ahead of this kid so I slow down and coast to the next stop sign. I wait for him with my window down, and as soon as he pulls up I can't contain my self and say the first thing that popped into my head. Cool cavalier bro.

I know this was a pointless story but so far this monday night football game has been boring and I left my book out in my car again, so let me just be the first one to say it. Cool story bro. :rolleyes:

dude thats funny shit. I havent had one kid bash on my gti, everyone looks at it, everyone that says anything to me complements it. Iv had STI dudes come up to me saying they love the hatch. My college is filled with kids who have nice cars, heck, there was a ferrari driving around couple weeks ago. The town the college is in has a weekly meet where mad kids race and lots of them go to the college. They love the hothatch :D who cares if its a hatchback its a sexy ass one and i wouldnt trade this baby for the world