GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Remote starter via OEM remote installed

CanadianNorth

I will!

spent about 10 hours at it today. lost a chunk of time looking for that clutch switch plug.... which really was located behind the battery, nearly impossible to reach!!!

All wiring is now connected, except the +12v source and the ground. Calling it quits for the day (9pm here). Everything was exactly like the instructions said (in terms of wiring). I didn't connect : Hazards, hood switch, tach, brake, or door switch, however I have the wires labeled and intact in case I do.

Tomorrow I'll double check everything and test the thing!

VICTORY IS MINE!!! :thumbup:

CanadianNorth

Everything works? That's great news!!

Looks like I will be purchasing a 4x10 cannot get mine to work with dball2

Sent from my distraction device

Everything is good. Didn't program on the first try, had to recheck the CAN connections, soft reset, then it worked.

Only trouble is I can't get the plastic insert around the key fob back in with the wire wrap, will just have to play with it.

jgarcia1925

Go Kart Champion
Everything is good. Didn't program on the first try, had to recheck the CAN connections, soft reset, then it worked.

Only trouble is I can't get the plastic insert around the key fob back in with the wire wrap, will just have to play with it.

awesome!!! im at a crossroads with the dball. may have to post it for sale here if anyone wants it. it should work fine for anyone with a DSG. im not sure i want to use the hood pin connection on it even tho it is a negative wire, since it is constantly giving out a ground. not one that is momentary to the wire. altho it may not affect the car in any way or form.

stolnvw

awesome!!! im at a crossroads with the dball. may have to post it for sale here if anyone wants it. it should work fine for anyone with a DSG. im not sure i want to use the hood pin connection on it even tho it is a negative wire, since it is constantly giving out a ground. not one that is momentary to the wire. altho it may not affect the car in any way or form.
Have you tried the wire for the break peddle

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

jgarcia1925

Go Kart Champion
Have you tried the wire for the break peddle

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Fucking Christ what was I thinking. If I add that relay, it should act the same way as for the cars that need the brake depressed. Hmmmmm this may work. I will report back with this

I think this module does brake through CAN. But this should work in theory tho. Since its making the relay change polarity only while the starter is firing which is what I would need

Last edited:

CanadianNorth

Fucking Christ what was I thinking. If I add that relay, it should act the same way as for the cars that need the brake depressed. Hmmmmm this may work. I will report back with this

I think this module does brake through CAN. But this should work in theory tho. Since its making the relay change polarity only while the starter is firing which is what I would need

how did it work out?

Damianmartin

I'd like to have remote start on my key fob. I did not like the Blue Link remote start for my 6 month trial period. First off, it wasn't available for a while then when it was I could never tell if my car would start in 30 seconds or 3 minutes.Then i call Locksmith Boca Raton and they restart my car and help me a lot.

ChancreScolex

Ready to race!
Has anyone else had an issue where their starter stopped working or only works intermittently?

Mine now says key not in range most of the time and I was wondering if it could be related to installing the RCD330 head unit or possibly an ECM update I had done at the dealer as part of a recall. I'm trying not to jump straight into messing around with the wires again if I don't have to.