GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MKVI GTI Fluid Capacity Chart

excelevant

Go Kart Champion
I know some of this information isn't available in the owners manual, so the nice guy in the parts department printed up a copy for me. Should be useful to those of us who want to work on our own cars. Mods, sticky?

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion
Reasons like these are why I come to this forum instead of VWVortex, thanks :thumbsup:

DarthMaul

Ready to race!
Can anyone elaborate on this?

It's just like a conventional automatic transmission. If you drop the pan on a torque converter based transmission, you'll drain maybe 5-6 quarts out of the 11 that the transmission holds. Some fluid will be left behind in the torque converter, the valve body, etc. I'm assuming that in the DSG, some fluid gets left behind in the mechatronics unit, within the clutch packs, etc.

excelevant

Go Kart Champion
It's just like a conventional automatic transmission. If you drop the pan on a torque converter based transmission, you'll drain maybe 5-6 quarts out of the 11 that the transmission holds. Some fluid will be left behind in the torque converter, the valve body, etc. I'm assuming that in the DSG, some fluid gets left behind in the mechatronics unit, within the clutch packs, etc.

:clap:

barische

Go Kart Champion
Thank u for this list.. Amazing!!!

So this list recommends tranny fluid g052171a2

Ecs has: g052911a2

Also ECS tuning has the first fluid as a set 3L for $85. I need to change back to stock fluid when it starts to get cold as the motul is horrible in the cold weather... Which one i should go with?

FasDarken

Ready to race!

figure this out real quick with my wife's old tempo :eek:

excelevant

Go Kart Champion
Thank u for this list.. Amazing!!!

So this list recommends tranny fluid g052171a2

Ecs has: g052911a2

Also ECS tuning has the first fluid as a set 3L for $85. I need to change back to stock fluid when it starts to get cold as the motul is horrible in the cold weather... Which one i should go with?

I picked up this chart when purchasing G-052-171-A2, List Price: $34.81/liter, with my "Penske discount" (for purchasing car there) at Commonwealth VW it came down to $27.85/liter, for a total of $94.00 after tax including 1 new drain plug.

Stick with the "oem gold", I'm happy I did, I'm sure the properties of the original oil were compromised because the car has been shifting noticeably better ever since. The old oil was dark black, and of course stinky in comparison.

kthor7031

Go Kart Champion
Do you happen to have the part number for that drain plug?