GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

**4th Official OEM Golf R LED Tail GROUP BUY**

Dirt Nasty

Go Kart Champion
Just got an email from DHL saying my package is missing/lost. Yay. I must be the 1% of people that have had a bad shipping experience w BKS. BKS says they have to wait a full month after initial shipment t before they can 'start an investigation' which isn't for another 4 days.

That stinks. Well if worst comes to worst you will get your money back.

VWContrails

Ready to race!
Yea that's true but I imagine they'll just ship out another set if it comes down to it. Sorry for all the bitching in this thread just had to vent somewhere lol

VWContrails

Ready to race!
So mystery solved...maybe. My mailman just delivered my mail today and said there was a package from Germany in the post office with no tracking barcode (would explain why it's gone missing for weeks) and it's somehow accumulated $31 dollars in customs fees...of course today is Saturday so they're closed and of course I'm leaving on a business trip and won't be able to pick whatever it is up for another week. I'm assuming it's FINALLY the tails, but again, he didn't see a sender on it, but I can't imagine what else it would be.

Anyone else in the US get hit with customs fees? It didn't seem like anyone in the US has posted anything like that...

jrwamp

Ready to race!
So mystery solved...maybe. My mailman just delivered my mail today and said there was a package from Germany in the post office with no tracking barcode (would explain why it's gone missing for weeks) and it's somehow accumulated $31 dollars in customs fees...of course today is Saturday so they're closed and of course I'm leaving on a business trip and won't be able to pick whatever it is up for another week. I'm assuming it's FINALLY the tails, but again, he didn't see a sender on it, but I can't imagine what else it would be.

Anyone else in the US get hit with customs fees? It didn't seem like anyone in the US has posted anything like that...

That's awesome, it's got to be the tails. Unless you regularly order stuff from Germany, haha. Seems like its only been the Canadians that get Customs fees, but honestly I think the fees are worth not having the headache of having to deal with filing a claim and waiting for all the "investigations" to happen. Better late than ever, post pics once you get them on!

miikez.

Autocross Newbie

I had to pay $26 when I picked mine up. pretty lame but I was just excited to get my tails so I didn't care.

VWContrails

Ready to race!
FINALLY THEY'RE HERE!!! Total time from paying to in my hands was 62 days but I don't care anymore because these things are absolutely beautiful! Can't wait to install them, but i have to wait just a little bit longer because I'm going on a trip today, but I had to swing by the post office first thing to get them before I leave. I had to pay $31 in customs fees, but glad to see I wasn't the only one. Thanks again everyone for listening to me bitch the last couple weeks, just glad we can finally close the 4th GB!

Great packaging.

No gummy-goodness :(

Perfection.

Oh and according to the USPS...my package is still in Frankfurt :)

Last edited:

VWContrails

Ready to race!
And then this happened....lol!

BKS is already shipping a replacement but c'monnnn....

Attachments

• IMG_1046.jpg
    IMG_1046.jpg
    253.5 KB · Views: 158

inc55

Go Kart Champion
62 days! Damn man. Then to have a broken adapter. Wtf is going on. Were you part of the crusades in your past life or something.

flyguy27

Ready to race!
And then this happened....lol!

BKS is already shipping a replacement but c'monnnn....

You can temporary fix that to enjoy your lights until the replacement comes in.

As I suspect, you have the worst luck l've seen in a while.

VWContrails

Ready to race!
My wonderful luck continues.

It's been a month since BKS said they would ship a replacement adapter. I waited 3 weeks. Emailed Christian. Nothing. 5 more days, emailed again, nothing. WTF???

jrwamp

Ready to race!
My wonderful luck continues.

It's been a month since BKS said they would ship a replacement adapter. I waited 3 weeks. Emailed Christian. Nothing. 5 more days, emailed again, nothing. WTF???

Dude, sorry about your luck with these tails...definitely sucks. I've been dealing with a company in Germany that sells custom emblems, and their website says that they're closed from April 5th - April 12th for annual holidays. Not sure if that's a national thing over there in Germany or not. :iono: