GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

A_Bowers Build Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

A_Bowers

Well, shortly after the car ticked over to 3000 miles UR downpipe, catless, non resonated was purchased.
So very excited. Stage 2 from APR is soon to come after that, then while I am visiting APR, carbonio is going to be purchased.

Pictures to come.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

A_Bowers

Its been a while since I posted in this. I am coming to a major turning point in my quest to modify the GTI.

I have several options. Im going to lay down the Pro's and Con's of each item below. Input would be appreciated.

Not ranked in order of importance...just how they came out

1. K04
Pros....K04. Don't really need to say much more than that.
Cons...$$$. Especially if bought off sale from APR.

2. Wheels, specifically BR08 from Bremmer.
Pros: I love the wheels...looks dead sexy. A few pounds less than my Detroits...but not really an issue for me.
Cons: Not Unhappy with Detroits....so could be a not needed expense

3: Catback either APR, UR (to finish out my full TBE)
Pros. Finish out my TBE with a true 3" and sexy sound
Cons: Kinda expensive. Not really needed for my setup

4: DG springs
Pros. Sexy drop...and retains almost the OEM ride and cant beat the price
Cons: dont want to tear apart the OEM struts

5: Coilovers (prob wait till the SPM units come out for ride height separate from spring load) or the SHS from HPA

Pros: Adjustable ride height, dont have to tear apart the stock struts
Cons: (may) ruin the stock ride quality, and the $$

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
My brother had a type S RSX with every bolt on it was ok. Then DC I think it was came out with a race header system and holy shit did that wake the car up. Im not a honda fan but I got to say that car moved out with that header. I was really curious to see what it would do with cams and hondata but he never got around to doing that. Anyway VW is a way nicer car nice upgrade.

A_Bowers

Well, made my mind up today. The GTI will soon have a new magnaflow exhaust. Listened to hundreds of videos on YouTube and this one just sounded so sweet. Can't wait. This car is so much different from a Honda. The way it responds to mods, the way it sounds the way it does everything.

Very much looking forward to how this turns out.

Gberg2119

Ready to race!
Well, made my mind up today. The GTI will soon have a new magnaflow exhaust. Listened to hundreds of videos on YouTube and this one just sounded so sweet. Can't wait. This car is so much different from a Honda. The way it responds to mods, the way it sounds the way it does everything.

Very much looking forward to how this turns out.

I don't think you'll be disappointed. I have a magnaflow up to my spm downpipe. Sounds even better in person than it does on YouTube.

Sent from my HTC Droid Incredible using Tapatalk 2

A_Bowers

I don't think you'll be disappointed. I have a magnaflow up to my spm downpipe. Sounds even better in person than it does on YouTube.

Sent from my HTC Droid Incredible using Tapatalk 2

Awesome. Really looking forward to getting this on the car. Full bolt on status once my intercooler goes on.

A_Bowers

Intercooler is on...see this thread. Intercooler Install Thread

Also...tire rack just confirmed that my PIAA Plasma 35w Ion yellow bulbs are at the house....hopefully my Exhaust will be in soon as well.

A_Bowers

manny2206

Ready to race!
I have a similar story, had an 06 RSX, rainy day coming from wot kat 9am lost traction hit concontre wall.... but no i have a 2012 GTI :) and yes torque mhhmm

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
do you have any cats or resonators in that video? Also is it 3" all the way through or is there the reduction in between the DP cat CBE?

Atty

Ready to race!
What difference did you notice with your Stage 1? Considering going Stage 1 soon, curious. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.