GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Water pump #1 at 28,xxx

bart2278

Go Kart Champion
Coolant has been leaking for about 3 weeks, this being the third, and I took it in to the dealership this morning. Told them it was probably the water pump, and a little later on they confirmed it was. Hopefully this is the first and last one.

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
...... another "water pump going bad before car is paid off" thread. We see these repetitive threads pop up about 3 times a week.

steemax

Go Kart Champion
Yeah i'm on my 3rd.... original failed at around 34k, 2nd one only 4k after, third one has been ok so far 15k miles later.

whitebeastMKV

Ready to race!
you's know?? i'm wondering if these failures are the SAME in other platform 2.0T engines??

such as audi, tiguan and all other VW/AUDI car line that has the same engine???

cause the #'s alone in just this forum which is pretty much MKVI's are pretty BIG...but i wonder how BIG it really is ALL ACROSS 2.0T plaftorm

songyun

Ready to race!
you's know?? i'm wondering if these failures are the SAME in other platform 2.0T engines??

such as audi, tiguan and all other VW/AUDI car line that has the same engine???

cause the #'s alone in just this forum which is pretty much MKVI's are pretty BIG...but i wonder how BIG it really is ALL ACROSS 2.0T plaftorm

cuz they are using same design wp.
tiguan , some audi , cc, golf , whatever. a lots.
but they had a new version now. go replace one.

bart2278

Go Kart Champion
Dealership had it replaced within the day. Pretty happy with the service, now if I can keep my wp from failing again ill be happy.

steemax

Go Kart Champion
Yeah I really don't mind the WP problem since both times they had it done in about 5 hours of dropping the car off. My only concern is what its going to cost if it keeps happening after my warranty expires.... I even have the 80k mile warranty but still do I really want to pay $600 every so months on a water pump? VW really needs to extend the warranty on the pump to 120k at least just like the intake manifold.

NLeo

Ready to race!
I have a 2010 with 95k on it and im still on the original pump. Seems like I got lucky, I do have a coolant smell coming from the right side of the engine bay by the raditor hoses but the pump looks and smells fine.

whitebeastMKV

Ready to race!
I have a 2010 with 95k on it and im still on the original pump. Seems like I got lucky, I do have a coolant smell coming from the right side of the engine bay by the raditor hoses but the pump looks and smells fine.

oh, fuck i TOO am on the original pump and i have the same issue....what a coinkidink....
although i'm at 40K miles...and i too have that smelling coolant on the right side of the engine bay by the radiator hoses...so i TOO don't knwo that that's all about, YET the pump is OK with no leaks or coolant smell from there...

the coolant in the bottle is where it should be and it's not dropping....:eek::iono:

Zonaglxy

Ready to race!
Welcome to the club. My cars currently in the shop getting the third water pump installed.

The original pump just leaked but the second completely failed and drained all coolant in a few minutes. Thankfully I was aware and realized what happened without driving it with no coolant.

Last edited:

BS2H

Ready to race!
Yeah i'm on my 3rd.... original failed at around 34k, 2nd one only 4k after, third one has been ok so far 15k miles later.

Welcome to the club. My cars currently in the shop getting the third water pump installed.

The original pump just leaked but the second completely failed and drained all coolant in a few minutes. Thankfully I was aware and realized what happened without driving it with no coolant.

I'm currently on my third as well. 1st one failed at 30k approx. 2nd one at 42k.

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Im on my 2nd one first one failed at 27-30k i cant remember cause I had my intake manifold replaced around the same time

NLeo

Ready to race!
oh, fuck i TOO am on the original pump and i have the same issue....what a coinkidink....
although i'm at 40K miles...and i too have that smelling coolant on the right side of the engine bay by the radiator hoses...so i TOO don't knwo that that's all about, YET the pump is OK with no leaks or coolant smell from there...

the coolant in the bottle is where it should be and it's not dropping....:eek::iono:

Wow finally someone else with the same issue! The dealer checked out my waterpump and said it was fine. Im thinking theres either a crack in the radiator or a pin hole in one of the hoses and the coolant is evaporating.