GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Presents the 2.0 TSI ECU Update (Version 2.0!)

Sanderzzz

Go Kart Champion
Good luck with the wait. I feel like they could care less about making previous customers happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This. They’ve pretty much left the mk6 platform for the birds at this point

NNWGB6

Passed Driver's Ed
This. They’ve pretty much left the mk6 platform for the birds at this point

BUMP!
Hey guys apr supposedly just fixed their broken stage 2 tune for the mk7 guys.
No support tickets, just good old forum bitching. Bitch away, and get your software fixed.

CHerna

Ready to race!
BUMP!
Hey guys apr supposedly just fixed their broken stage 2 tune for the mk7 guys.
No support tickets, just good old forum bitching. Bitch away, and get your software fixed.

This forum has been bitching about shitty tunes for months. All APR says is "Submit a ticket!". I don't have APR, but these guys deserve support and the issues need to be justified.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Rofl, now the post is deleted. Go figure. Someone quoted his post in the thread though, so it's still there. It was basically the response we got, which was go back to v1.2 to fix your issues. I wonder if he saw my post. Makes me feel like APR has been watching this thread pretty well actually, and is actively choosing to ignore you all.

They claim they fixed the issue already. That'll legit be surprising if they did. The fact they fucked the tune up in the first place, was not a surprise.

Dans GTI

Ready to race!
Go Stratified and dont look back, thats what I did

Was it really worth paying another $500-600 in addition to what you already spent on the tune?

tofuD01

Ready to race!
Was it really worth paying another $500-600 in addition to what you already spent on the tune?

I'm waiting on cobb to release an update to support my car...otherwise i can chime in on Stratified vs APR. Currently flashed back on stock hoping it was the APR tune not letting cobb pair up..but i was wrong.

I do miss the power APR gave me but the hesitation etc at low gears makes the ride not nice in stop start traffic.

If anything, can always re-sell the cobb and pay labour fee to flash APR back on..atleast APR converted users would have that to fall back on.

TesseracT

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi all, been running the Stage 2 file for over a year now, and have gotten the latest updates as they were released.

A few weeks ago I noticed a soft-code on my APR Mobile app. The code is a P2177 Too Lean Off Idle, Bank 1. This eventually threw a CEL and I had to dig deeper.

Reading the forums didn't help much for debugging this thing (most people get a P2177 as a symptom of another fault from what I've read), however the P2177 was my only fault, so I opened a ticket with APR. Justin at APR got back to me the same morning with some potential fixes, and I wanted to share that info for any similar use cases.

1.) Checked PCV for any oil leaks. Humble Mechanic has a video on this.
2.) Checked rear main seal for oil leak. Easy to get under the car and check where the trans meets the engine.
3.) My o2 spacers are 42dd and I was running two of them in total - one pre and one post catalytic converter. I removed these.

This has had the car running smoother, better throttle response, and still no returning P2177.

Definitely worth the time to send in a ticket. The issue wasn't even related to what I bought from them and they still gave support, so you guys should send in tickets as well. The end result would be a better tune for all of us if some of the problems do end up being software related.

[Old User]

Go Kart Champion
**Need help urgently**

So I put my car in storage for a few weeks (non-heated covered storage unit). Before parking it I threw it back in stock mode. After switching maps I went to start the car, and it sputtered/ struggled between 400 and 600 RPM and coughed as it tried not to die. I shut it off and figured maybe I took my foot off the clutch before the starter motor stopped cranking (gear lever was in neutral). Starts up fine. As i'm backing it into the storage unit its popping a lot as I feather the gas (nothing new but the pops were loud). Park it.

Yesterday I went to pick it up. Car's been sitting in unheated storage for about 3 weeks. Start it up. Doesn't idle high like GTI's do usually when cold. It goes to like 1100 then slowly drops to idle. Car definitely felt a little rough but I figure its been sitting in the cold for almost a month. Throw the APR map on and go for a drive. Everything feels fine and strong.

Today, again, I cold start it and it doesn't idle high like usual. Just slowly drops to idle. Car still definitely feels a little rough probably since the cold start procedure was basically skipped.

Thoughts? Does this tune just not like the cold? It was fine last winter.

Or did my timing chain skip a tooth? If this is the case I have to figure out another way of getting around for the time being.

Thoughts?

EDIT: It did this in stock mode. Can't be the tune. Shit.

Last edited:

Uberryan

Banned
**Need help urgently**

So I put my car in storage for a few weeks (non-heated covered storage unit). Before parking it I threw it back in stock mode. After switching maps I went to start the car, and it sputtered/ struggled between 400 and 600 RPM and coughed as it tried not to die. I shut it off and figured maybe I took my foot off the clutch before the starter motor stopped cranking (gear lever was in neutral). Starts up fine. As i'm backing it into the storage unit its popping a lot as I feather the gas (nothing new but the pops were loud). Park it.

Yesterday I went to pick it up. Car's been sitting in unheated storage for about 3 weeks. Start it up. Doesn't idle high like GTI's do usually when cold. It goes to like 1100 then slowly drops to idle. Car definitely felt a little rough but I figure its been sitting in the cold for almost a month. Throw the APR map on and go for a drive. Everything feels fine and strong.

Today, again, I cold start it and it doesn't idle high like usual. Just slowly drops to idle. Car still definitely feels a little rough probably since the cold start procedure was basically skipped.

Thoughts? Does this tune just not like the cold? It was fine last winter.

Or did my timing chain skip a tooth? If this is the case I have to figure out another way of getting around for the time being.

Thoughts?

EDIT: It did this in stock mode. Can't be the tune. Shit.

Bad fuel? Drive the tank down and fill up with fresh fuel.