GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Horn ??

josueleon89

Passed Driver's Ed
Does anyone know why my horn has change of tone to a girly gay tone??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

josueleon89

Passed Driver's Ed
Ignoring your ignorance......

Golf's have two separate horns: a high tone and a low tone. Your low tone horn is probably not working.

So do u have any helpful tips on how fix this problem, it’s annoying to use my horn on the road cause u can barely hear it. But when I use my car alarm on panic mode, horn will sound like it use to sound

bart2278

Go Kart Champion
So do u have any helpful tips on how fix this problem, it’s annoying to use my horn on the road cause u can barely hear it. But when I use my car alarm on panic mode, horn will sound like it use to sound

Sounds like a potential wire problem?

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Sounds like a potential wire problem?
+1 yup, maybe a pinched wire. Best to remove the front bumper and check the horn, if you put 12volts across each of the horns, it will tell you what's what.

If that doesn't pan out, maybe retrace some of your previous work as your previous post suggest you dismantled your GTI previously, maybe something isn't as it should be.

Good luck!

EDIT: This is the 2.5 Engine Forum, if you posted this in the General Section of the Forum you may get more response.

Last edited:

josueleon89

Passed Driver's Ed
Ok thanks am new to this site which it’s very helpful if I ever get to learn how to use it

josueleon89

Passed Driver's Ed
+1 yup, maybe a pinched wire. Best to remove the front bumper and check the horn, if you put 12volts across each of the horns, it will tell you what's what.

If that doesn't pan out, maybe retrace some of your previous work as your previous post suggest you dismantled your GTI previously, maybe something isn't as it should be.

Good luck!

EDIT: This is the 2.5 Engine Forum, if you posted this in the General Section of the Forum you may get more response.

Well it all happen after I drove into a big water puddle and ever since I been having all kinds of problems. My AFS does not work any more and my horn works but it change of tone but am thinking of buying vagcom maybe that will help me a bit

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Well it all happen after I drove into a big water puddle and ever since I been having all kinds of problems. My AFS does not work any more and my horn works but it change of tone but am thinking of buying vagcom maybe that will help me a bit

I can't speak for the GTI but the 2.5 when driven through big water has an issue with exceeding 3k RPM but after a few days of drying out things go back to normal.

I would suggest making a list of all the symptoms that have transpired following the big water incident, download a wiring diagram for the GTI and see what's what, there must be a common point. Example: a 12v supply to the sensors.

Good Luck!