GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions

Old 08-25-2017, 12:23 AM   #1
JustinT
Touring Car Champion

Drives: MK6
Car will not go into gear

Hi guys, I own a 2013 GTI. I bought it with 27,000 miles and now have 41,600 miles (roughly). The car has a Neuspeed Power Module and intake, stock shifter. So, I was coming to a stop sign today and put it into neutral, I then proceeded to put the car into gear and noticed it would not go into any gear and would lock me out at the entrance. So, sitting in my neighborhood I decided to turn off car and it went into gear fine. So, I pushed in the clutch and drove home in second gear. The clutch grabs fine, no weird sounds, still light as usual. The car will go into gear when it is OFF, but will not when the car is on. Does anyone have any idea what it could be? I saw some people on the forum say the clutch is bad, pressure plate, slave cylinder etc. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JustinT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 08:00 AM   #2
Tyler12108
Oval Champion

Drives: 2012 GTI
Yeah sounds like it could be those issues
Tyler12108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 10:55 AM   #3
JustinT
Touring Car Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler12108 View Post
Yeah sounds like it could be those issues

Alright thanks bud

Old 08-25-2017, 09:19 AM   #4
1ashchuckton
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2013 GTI Carbon Steel Grey DSG
Sounds like a master or slave cylinder to me. Let us know what you find. Good luck.
1ashchuckton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 10:55 AM   #5
JustinT
Touring Car Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ashchuckton View Post
Sounds like a master or slave cylinder to me. Let us know what you find. Good luck.

No problem, will be taking it to a shop soon

Old 10-08-2017, 06:40 PM   #6
Sauce118

Drives: 2010 VW GTI (6spd White)
sounds like the slave cylinder needs bled and unfortunately I have had bad experience bleeding the slave cylinder in the tranny after install. I know people say you can do it, but when I replaced the clutch on my car I had to take the slave cylinder back out after putting everyting back together (lesson learned) and bench bled it. It worked like a champ from there on out. Not sure how you got air in the lines, could be a bigger issue, but that is def some of the problem.. I had the same exact issues when I was going through was I explained above. People told me to keep bleeding it and I tried for days, with no luck.. I could get it into second but had to put wayyyy more pressure than should normally be applied.
2010 GTi 6 spd:Candy White: CTS K04 W/APR v3.12: AQUAMIST HFS-4 v3.1 W/M Direct Port: PELOQUIN LSD: CTS Downpipe: Beluga CatBack: ARM Motorsports FMIC: CTS CAI: CTS BOV Kit: RSR Clutch: CTS Charge Pipes: Fluidampr Pulley: Koni Coilovers: WALK Kit: SPM Full Mounts: DieselGeek SS w/ bushings: TyrloSport Caliper Stiffener: Eurosport Front & Rear Strut Bar: STERN Brace: SS ECS Brake Lines: StopTech Drilled/Slotted Rotors x4: HID's: 'R' Grill: Various Cosmetics MY OUT-DATED BUILD
Sauce118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 07:23 PM   #7
JustinT
Touring Car Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauce118 View Post
sounds like the slave cylinder needs bled and unfortunately I have had bad experience bleeding the slave cylinder in the tranny after install. I know people say you can do it, but when I replaced the clutch on my car I had to take the slave cylinder back out after putting everyting back together (lesson learned) and bench bled it. It worked like a champ from there on out. Not sure how you got air in the lines, could be a bigger issue, but that is def some of the problem.. I had the same exact issues when I was going through was I explained above. People told me to keep bleeding it and I tried for days, with no luck.. I could get it into second but had to put wayyyy more pressure than should normally be applied.

Thanks bud, I just had a shop complete the job.
I has a Stage II BFI Clutch put in, and it replaced Throwout Bearing, Clutch, Pressure Plate, Flywheel, and bolts.
Works really well!

Old 10-08-2017, 10:53 PM   #8
Sauce118

Drives: 2010 VW GTI (6spd White)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinT View Post
Thanks bud, I just had a shop complete the job.
I has a Stage II BFI Clutch put in, and it replaced Throwout Bearing, Clutch, Pressure Plate, Flywheel, and bolts.
Works really well!

nice man.. glad you were able to get it straightened out.. it took me an extra two days to re-do my clutch job.. like I said before.. lesson learned.. I will always bench bleed my slave cyl.
2010 GTi 6 spd:Candy White: CTS K04 W/APR v3.12: AQUAMIST HFS-4 v3.1 W/M Direct Port: PELOQUIN LSD: CTS Downpipe: Beluga CatBack: ARM Motorsports FMIC: CTS CAI: CTS BOV Kit: RSR Clutch: CTS Charge Pipes: Fluidampr Pulley: Koni Coilovers: WALK Kit: SPM Full Mounts: DieselGeek SS w/ bushings: TyrloSport Caliper Stiffener: Eurosport Front & Rear Strut Bar: STERN Brace: SS ECS Brake Lines: StopTech Drilled/Slotted Rotors x4: HID's: 'R' Grill: Various Cosmetics MY OUT-DATED BUILD
Sauce118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 10:56 PM   #9
JustinT
Touring Car Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauce118 View Post
nice man.. glad you were able to get it straightened out.. it took me an extra two days to re-do my clutch job.. like I said before.. lesson learned.. I will always bench bleed my slave cyl.

Yeah man thank you!
But I can imagine, looks complicated from a new stand point. I don't even have the tools to complete the job..