GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Apr pendulum mount

Lancifer

Passed Driver's Ed
Thinking about getting this mount but can't find much about it. Anyone have it? Does it do anything? Also looking at the inserts that have for that bottom mount and wondering if I get the pendulum mount should I put the insert in still?

Jaber

Modero
Check the official apr Pendulum thread. Few reviews there.

Chris659

Ready to race!
I have one teamed with an HPA subframe mount and stock engine/trans mounts (for now).

It really improved the driving but it causes a rattle and lots of vibrations at idle, especially low idle. For some it may not be bad, but I hate it along with my wife. Everyone that gets in when car asks what's wrong with my car so it's noticeable. In fact, I've even had people in drive thrus and friends that were around my car as it sat and idled and asked the same question.
The moment the car gets above idle it's great! I'm having my tuner adjust the idle speed up here soon to see if that will relieve the problem. I keep getting told it's coming from the spherical bearing.

Ac on or off but it's worse when on. In reverse the dash trembles and rattles for a moment and then goes away.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
OP - The stock pendulum mount is a weakpoint in the drivetrain, if it were to bend/break/crack (which it does on a lot of tuned or even stock cars, especially with hard launching) you can be in for a whole world of problems. this is the rear center mount of the engine. so you could imagine your exhaust and turbo basically dropping onto your subframe lol

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
I have one teamed with an HPA subframe mount and stock engine/trans mounts (for now).

It really improved the driving but it causes a rattle and lots of vibrations at idle, especially low idle. For some it may not be bad, but I hate it along with my wife. Everyone that gets in when car asks what's wrong with my car so it's noticeable. In fact, I've even had people in drive thrus and friends that were around my car as it sat and idled and asked the same question.
The moment the car gets above idle it's great! I'm having my tuner adjust the idle speed up here soon to see if that will relieve the problem. I keep getting told it's coming from the spherical bearing.

Ac on or off but it's worse when on. In reverse the dash trembles and rattles for a moment and then goes away.

I had the 034 mount which also uses the spherical bearing. I didn't mind the slight NVH at low RPM, but it rattled like a SOB.. Finally put the stock one back in..

Can anyone recommend a good non bearing style?

oracle462

Subbed: looking for similar solution-slight reduction of engine vibes. I currently have stock dogbone and 034 engine/transmounts and it's pretty good actually, but can still feel the sloppy center/dogbone mount. Had the CTS insert but hated the vibrations. Anyone with help? Would love stock-like vibrations with engine stability gains.

Are we looking for something that is only found in a fairy tale?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jaber

Modero
I got my 034 SD engine & trans mount installed yesterday. I already have APR Pendulum and 034 insert. The engine and trans mount actually reduced the nvh by a little bit. Engine sounds tiny bit more throaty.

I installed the insert and Pendulum the same night. The following morning the nvh was very noticeable. But after a while I stopped noticing and my wife and two year old never complained. My wife didn't even notice the difference until I told her.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I got my 034 SD engine & trans mount installed yesterday. I already have APR Pendulum and 034 insert. The engine and trans mount actually reduced the nvh by a little bit. Engine sounds tiny bit more throaty.

I installed the insert and Pendulum the same night. The following morning the nvh was very noticeable. But after a while I stopped noticing and my wife and two year old never complained. My wife didn't even notice the difference until I told her.

This ive driven around with some rather complainy friends and none of them have ever commented on my ride being harsh or vibrationy... If you look for the NVH you will feel it at every little corner but if you dont "try" and find it you will be gravy.