GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I NEED HELP ! Engine Swap !

Djsoon

Dear All,

First of all, let me introduce myself. I am Hassan and I just bought a used MK6 GTI 2010, 2.0 DSG that has been driven almost 115,000 KM.

Unfortunately, It needs hell amount of work ! Things like, Stabiliser Bar, Ignition Coils, Oil Separator, Vacuum Pump & Gasket, Turbo clips, Lower Arm bushes, Coolant Secondary Pump,Charcoal Container, Timing chain tensioner, intake manifold, Crank Shaft Rear Flange.

The mechanic just told me that some Plastic parts of the manifold are broken and have fallen down in the engine and God knows where else ! The mechanic told me that I need to replace the engine ! There is no other way.

Now I had different plans for my GTI. After discovering those issues, then I better fix it first then start the mods.

My question, What do you guys think ? Will it fit if I insert TT-RS Engine OR RS3 Engine in my Gti ? I am talking about 2.5 TFSI.Would I need a bigger intercooler in this case or better cooling system ?

Also In case I will choose to replace the current engine with another GTI 2.0 TSI engine, Will there be any issue to put a newer engine from 2013 since my GTI is 2010?

Thank you all, I would appreciate any feedback from you guys as I am panicking at the moment !

I am just embarking into the Motor and mods industry :)

Laimface

Ready to race!
Replacing with a newer gen 1 TSI is just a straight swap.

As for the 2.5TFSI engine, you'll definitely need to put a bigger radiator and intercooler in there. As for fitting the engine in, you'd need to change many things to get the AWD system in the car. You would be better off buying a TTRS or RS3 by the end of it.

Uberryan

Banned
Can you fit it? Probably...

Will it work like you want it to? Probably not.

You would need to get the ECU to play nice, and upgrade radiator and intercooler. Would you still be able to fit intake and all that after? Questionable, but not unlikely.

My issue is the tranmission and drive train. You realize swapping on the TT-RS engine would push you to go AWD at that point right? Take a look at the extensive work that goes into converting the GTI chassis to AWD. It's not like the Golf R where the space is there already, you literally have to cut out the spare tire well and replace it with a golf R's or remove it entirely.

Your car, your call, but I wouldn't dump an insane amount of money like that into it.