GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Brake pressure bleeder

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
Is there some kind of trick to using the schwaben brake pressure bleeder? No matter how tight or loose I put the cap on the brake reservoir it leaks all over the place... pretty sure I've lost more brake fluid on the ground than I did getting it thru the system

Maybe it's just a piece of shit? Can't even seem to hold 5 psi

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
Is there some kind of trick to using the schwaben brake pressure bleeder? No matter how tight or loose I put the cap on the brake reservoir it leaks all over the place... pretty sure I've lost more brake fluid on the ground than I did getting it thru the system

Maybe it's just a piece of shit? Can't even seem to hold 5 psi

IDK what else to say but I have the Motive and its worked amazingly every time I used it and no leaks. It will hold 10-15 psi easily.

Mk6 Steve

Ready to race!

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
There was a YouTube vid that suggested buying an o-ring and stick it inside the cap and that may fix the issue. I guess a select few of the schwaben bleeders leak for some reason.

Blaznjoe

Drag Race Newbie
There was a YouTube vid that suggested buying an o-ring and stick it inside the cap and that may fix the issue. I guess a select few of the schwaben bleeders leak for some reason.

Adding an o-ring is definitely worth a shot. I just bled my brakes last night and the Motive brand comes with a flat rubber washer to assist in an airtight seal right at the reservoir. My Motive was holding 15-18 psi with no issues.

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!