GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Differences between the tsi and fsi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris@Revo USA

Go Kart Champion
There are NO MKVI GTI's with EA113 motors. The Golf R, which is MKVI, yes.

There are several special edition versions of the MK6 GTI available around the world with EA113 engines.

You also didn't say GTI, nor does the title of this thread. It simply asks "Differnece between the TSI And FSI" Stop twisting it to somehow make it seem like you were right, you weren't. Accept you learned something and move on.

The bottom line final and only answer is one is used by Audi and one is used by VW. No matter how hard you try and make it anything else that is all it is.

C4L

Banned
There are several special edition versions of the MK6 GTI available around the world with EA113 engines.

You also didn't say GTI, nor does the title of this thread. It simply asks "Differnece between the TSI And FSI" Stop twisting it to somehow make it seem like you were right, you weren't. Accept you learned something and move on.

The bottom line final and only answer is one is used by Audi and one is used by VW. No matter how hard you try and make it anything else that is all it is.

The Edition 35 is the ONLY one that uses the EA113 w/ K04 in other markets. That wouldn't apply here.

You are just being a jerk at this point as you knew exactly what the OP was talking about.

The title may not reference GTI but the OP initial post specifically does specify his friends MKV GTI and HIS MKVI GTI.

"So i was talking to a buddy of mine and he has a mk5 gti with a fsi motor and he told me he had to get s3 injectors and a hpfp for him to switch over to k04. My question is on the mk6 gti with the tsi engine you dont have to upgrade those things when going ko4 right? "

I did learn something. Never said I didn't. But I also exactly answered the question that was asked.
MKV GTI = FSI = EA113
MKVI GTI = TSI = EA888

Don't make it into something its not. We don't care that you can use wikipedia. If anything you completely misunderstood the question as he wasn't asking the difference between FSI and TSI but rather the difference between MKV and MKVI GTI motors (or in effect EA113 and EA888 motors). He didn't know the engine codes for each so he used what he saw on the engine cover as the reference for each motor. The nomenclature had nothing to do with his question.

aw6141

Go Kart Champion

He likes to argue the smallest point to prove he is right, just ignore him and move on.

C4L

Banned
So now it is ok to not actually educate ourselves because you want to restrict a global website to the terms of your tiny bubble?

He specifically mentioned the MKV GTI and MKVI GTI. Not only does the Edition 35 not apply but the Golf R either. That is not what he asked.

If I asked about a TT would you discuss the TT-S and TT-RS?
If I asked about an A4 would you discuss the S4 and RS4?

NOPE.

I am 'restricting' a global website to the terms of the OP's question. Staying both topical and contextual.

C4L

Banned
He likes to argue the smallest point to prove he is right, just ignore him and move on.

I am arguing the point that the OP asked. Nothing more.:thumbsup:

The op didn't ask about the Edition 35 or even the Golf R or anything from Audis product lineup.

The OP specifically asked about the MKV GTI and MKVI GTI. THAT is what I am discussing/arguing.

And in this case, we can both be right.

Chrisy is right to the extent of the TFSI, FSI, and TSI details.
I am right to the extent of the EA113 motor and EA888 motor details. Which is in fact what the OP was asking whether he articulated it or not.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion

They both do. Its aways a battle royal.

Let's agree to disagree and move on. The bickering is pointless.

C4L

Banned
They both do. Its aways a battle royal.

Let's agree to disagree and move on. The bickering is pointless.

We aren't agreeing to disagree. We are arguing two entirely different things at this point.

The OP asked about EA113 and EA888 differences. I, and others, answered that question.

Chris then began to discuss the nomenclature VW/Audi uses in identifying EA113 and EA888 differences. Which have nothing to do with the motors themselves.

Chris@Revo USA

Go Kart Champion
I am right to the extent of the EA113 motor and EA888 motor details. Which is in fact what the OP was asking whether he articulated it or not.

You were actually very wrong about the details on those engines.

Shall we go back to your list that included imaginary valvelift EA113 engines?

If someone is searching the differences between TSI And FSI should they not have the right information?

Why do you insist that people are not properly educated simply so that you can pretend to be right?

Status
Not open for further replies.