GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

IE 2.5L Power Kit Plus - High Compression Kit Pre-Sale!

Tyler@IE

Go Kart Newbie
About
This started off as a little one-off project we started this year. We wanted to really push the limits of an all motor 07K 2.5L 5 cylinder on pump fuel. The engine was assembled with in-house custom IE billet rods weighing in at 410 grams with bolts, 11.5:1 CR JE's, IE intake manifold, IE tune, IE camshafts, IE springs & retainers, IE assembled CNC ported cylinder head, IE custom header, & 80mm throttle body revving to 9400RPM. The results of this build were a lot of fun resulting in a very snappy high revving engine.

We received an overwhelming response of interest from the 2.5L enthusiast community with many wanting to copy the results. However, for the cost involved for parts alone (including the very expensive to build billet connecting rods), we do not believe the market would be there to re-produce this exact engine as a kit.

However...

We have set out to meet the demand with the proposed IE 2.5L 5 Cylinder Power Kit Plus High Compression Kit.

For IE Stage 2 intake manifold owners looking for more power, you are at this point limited by the stock compression of the 2.5L engine. The 07K desperately needs higher compression to further increase power. The IE Power Kit Plus includes everything needed to take the performance even further. Specifically designed to work in perfect harmony with the IE intake manifold power kit and further increase power output without the need for forced induction. By installing this kit in an engine that already has an IE intake manifold power kit, but otherwise stock, power output will be increased over 25hp, with more torque throughout the powerband. Thats over 73HP more than OEM total!

Included with this kit is a set of custom IE Spec Wiseco pistons in factory bore, with a 12:1 compression ratio. The increased compression ratio allows for the most possibly naturally aspirated power, while still allowing use of 91 octane pump gas. To make this kit complete, it includes all hardware needed to install the pistons. The kit will also include an IE ECU upgrade, specifically optimized for the higher compression ratio.

Includes:
-IE software upgrade
-IE spec Wiseco 12:1 drop-in pistons
-OE head gasket
-OE head bolt set
-OE rod bearing set
-OE exhaust manifold gasket
-OEM rod bolt set
-Oil pan sealant

To go forward with this kit, we need to order a certain number of pistons in order to have them manufactured by Wiseco and we will need to install a set into our 2.5L development car to develop a tune. We need to have 8 sets sold before we go ahead with this product to make sure the market is worth the time. Follow the links below to order your set and get the name on the list.

List
1. lessthanalex- complete hw/sw kit
2. patrwng- hw/sw upgrade
3. Tombien- hw/sw upgrade
4. Goodymonsta - hw/sw upgrade
5. Dealer order - complete hw/sw kit

We have listed 3 ways to buy:
Upgrade from Stage 2 - For existing IE Stage 2 Manifold customers
Complete Hardware Package - This is for customers that are looking to purchase an IE manifold along with the high compression kit.
Hardware Only - This is for customers who are looking for custom tuning other than IE

Follow the link to purchase your kit and get your name added to the list! Once 8 kits are sold, we will pull the trigger!

Feel free to post any questions below.

DKhubs

Passed Driver's Ed
This is great, definitely something I am interested in the future.

artur1292

Go Kart Champion
How much will this kit cost to buy? Also, How much labor on average would a shop charge to "install" this? I only say "install" since they will be rebuilding the engine essentially.

Tyler@IE

Go Kart Newbie
This is great, definitely something I am interested in the future.

Thanks!

How much will this kit cost to buy? Also, How much labor on average would a shop charge to "install" this? I only say "install" since they will be rebuilding the engine essentially.

Click the links above to see pricing (due to forum rules I can not post pricing in this thread). Labor is going to be pricey, its not an easy job on the 2.5L engine, as the trans has to be removed to completely remove the oil pan for access to the rods. Plan on paying up to 16 hours of labor.

artur1292

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for the answer. You guys are always awesome answering questions! :w00t: Just looked at the pricing for the hardware plus manifold. If I were to get that package does that include everything needed for install or do I have to still pay for an intake plus the custom tune to run the higher compression with the manifold? It says software included but is that just the software to run the manifold alone or is it to run the manifold and the higher compression?

Last edited:

Tyler@IE

Go Kart Newbie
Thanks for the answer. You guys are always awesome answering questions! :w00t: Just looked at the pricing for the hardware plus manifold. If I were to get that package does that include everything needed for install or do I have to still pay for an intake plus the custom tune to run the higher compression with the manifold? It says software included but is that just the software to run the manifold alone or is it to run the manifold and the higher compression?

The software that comes with the high compression kit is for manifold + high compression ratio pistons. You really need the intake manifold to take advantage of the high CR pistons. So if you were to purchase the intake manifold and the "Complete Hardware Package" that would be all you need besides the intake. If you already have an intake on your car, you can more than likely modify it to fit, we have had many customers do so. If not, we sell a direct bolt-on intake for our manifold.

artur1292

Go Kart Champion
The software that comes with the high compression kit is for manifold + high compression ratio pistons. You really need the intake manifold to take advantage of the high CR pistons. So if you were to purchase the intake manifold and the "Complete Hardware Package" that would be all you need besides the intake. If you already have an intake on your car, you can more than likely modify it to fit, we have had many customers do so. If not, we sell a direct bolt-on intake for our manifold.

Yea, the complete hardware package is the one I was looking at. Awesome thank you for the answer! I may jump on this deal. The price is pretty awesome IMO.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
About
This started off as a little one-off project we started this year. We wanted to really push the limits of an all motor 07K 2.5L 5 cylinder on pump fuel. The engine was assembled with in-house custom IE billet rods weighing in at 410 grams with bolts, 11.5:1 CR JE's, IE intake manifold, IE tune, IE camshafts, IE springs & retainers, IE assembled CNC ported cylinder head, IE custom header, & 80mm throttle body revving to 9400RPM. The results of this build were a lot of fun resulting in a very snappy high revving engine.

We received an overwhelming response of interest from the 2.5L enthusiast community with many wanting to copy the results. However, for the cost involved for parts alone (including the very expensive to build billet connecting rods), we do not believe the market would be there to re-produce this exact engine as a kit.

However...

We have set out to meet the demand with the proposed IE 2.5L 5 Cylinder Power Kit Plus High Compression Kit.

For IE Stage 2 intake manifold owners looking for more power, you are at this point limited by the stock compression of the 2.5L engine. The 07K desperately needs higher compression to further increase power. The IE Power Kit Plus includes everything needed to take the performance even further. Specifically designed to work in perfect harmony with the IE intake manifold power kit and further increase power output without the need for forced induction. By installing this kit in an engine that already has an IE intake manifold power kit, but otherwise stock, power output will be increased over 25hp, with more torque throughout the powerband. Thats over 73HP more than OEM total!

Included with this kit is a set of custom IE Spec Wiseco pistons in factory bore, with a 12:1 compression ratio. The increased compression ratio allows for the most possibly naturally aspirated power, while still allowing use of 91 octane pump gas. To make this kit complete, it includes all hardware needed to install the pistons. The kit will also include an IE ECU upgrade, specifically optimized for the higher compression ratio.

Includes:
-IE software upgrade
-IE spec Wiseco 12:1 drop-in pistons
-OE head gasket
-OE head bolt set
-OE rod bearing set
-OE exhaust manifold gasket
-OEM rod bolt set
-Oil pan sealant

To go forward with this kit, we need to order a certain number of pistons in order to have them manufactured by Wiseco and we will need to install a set into our 2.5L development car to develop a tune. We need to have 8 sets sold before we go ahead with this product to make sure the market is worth the time. Follow the links below to order your set and get the name on the list.

List
1. lessthanalex- complete hw/sw kit
2. patrwng- hw/sw upgrade
3. Tombien- hw/sw upgrade
4. Goodymonsta - hw/sw upgrade
5. Dealer order - complete hw/sw kit

We have listed 3 ways to buy:
Upgrade from Stage 2 - For existing IE Stage 2 Manifold customers
Complete Hardware Package - This is for customers that are looking to purchase an IE manifold along with the high compression kit.
Hardware Only - This is for customers who are looking for custom tuning other than IE

Follow the link to purchase your kit and get your name added to the list! Once 8 kits are sold, we will pull the trigger!

Feel free to post any questions below.

Wow. A 280hp all motor golf makes me pretty jelly.

Tyler@IE

Go Kart Newbie
Correct, the high compression pistons, IE manifold, and IE software make up the IE power kit plus is a 231CHP. The engine that sparked the idea for this limited run product in the video also has one off super light billet IE rods, IE CNC ported cylinder head, IE billet cams, and an IE custom header.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
What happened to this Project? My guess not many were interested to cough up the loot.