GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Benefits/purpose of a boost gauge

bimmerheater

Ready to race!
Recently went uni Stage 2 on my mk6 gti and I was wondering what are some advantages of a boost gauge? Is it necessary to have one at stage 2?

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
Boost gauge is mainly to monitor for boost leaks and can help quickly identify such problems. With a gauge you will know how much boost you should be making so if one day your car is not running right you can quickly see if it is a boost problem. Is anything really necessary?

whitebeastMKV

Ready to race!
cool factor 100%....

no in all seriousness, what GreasyGinzo said, pretty much covered it all...and i looks KOOL too....ha, ha...

tsmack

Ready to race!
With the P3Cars gauge you can also monitor intake air temp, EGT, timing, speed, 0-60 and clear codes. I went that route instead of a plain boost gauge and have not regretted it. Can usually pick one up used. I also hooked it up using the analog input for better accuracy.

Spooled24

Ready to race!
I honestly use my gauge to help monitor how much throttle I am giving which in turn helps my MPG go up. It looks awesome and I use it everyday, so I love mine. It was worth the money in my opinion.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
i like to look at things while i drive. Left Right Left Right.

Lol jk but its nice to have to see on the fly if there is any vaccum/boost issues.

rpandresen

Ready to race!
I love my p3cars gauge. Looks fantastic and let's me monitor all my temps. Also saved my ass when I torched a coil pack. I was on vacation and if I hadn't known exactly what cylinder the coil pack was in I'd have spent another hour playing "guess the coil pack number". It's also reassuring to be able to pull off the road and check a code immediately to see if it's serious or not.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I love my p3cars gauge. Looks fantastic and let's me monitor all my temps. Also saved my ass when I torched a coil pack. I was on vacation and if I hadn't known exactly what cylinder the coil pack was in I'd have spent another hour playing "guess the coil pack number". It's also reassuring to be able to pull off the road and check a code immediately to see if it's serious or not.

Ahhh. That reminds me i should buy a set of coil packs and just keep them in the car.