GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HYDE16 Reviews - Polar FIS+ Advanced (F03) MFD Display from Kerma TDI

changchewsoon

Passed Driver's Ed
DSG Oil Temp in Polar PF03

Hi Peter,

Great product you guys did with the Polar FIS Advance unit, I am currently using the 2014 "Kessy" PF03 model in my Golf R DSG.

I was hoping you could include parameters from the DSG transmission such as dsg temperature to be displayed in the next update, as I could see the measuring blocks using Vagcom.

And thank you Hyde16 for this awesome thread! I decided to purchase this unit after reading your review!

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Hi Peter,

Great product you guys did with the Polar FIS Advance unit, I am currently using the 2014 "Kessy" PF03 model in my Golf R DSG.

I was hoping you could include parameters from the DSG transmission such as dsg temperature to be displayed in the next update, as I could see the measuring blocks using Vagcom.

And thank you Hyde16 for this awesome thread! I decided to purchase this unit after reading your review!

Thank you.

abraxas

Passed Driver's Ed
I apologize for the late reply on this from my end, but I really appreciate your reaching out to Auto Polar, HYDE16, with my question about boost readings, and for your detailed response on the matter, wendigo.

It is really good to know how the unit calculates actual boost. I'm acclimating to the new range, though I think it will still take a bit of time before the numbers are as immediately meaningful. I ran the old gauge for a long time so I'm used to that scale. I guess you could compare it to switching to reading temps in Celsius after growing up using Fahrenheit.

Anyway, super helpful amd informative thread all around.

GoodTimesIndeed

Go Kart Champion
Quick bump. I see the first post mentions the steering wheel controls but has anyone ever "tried" to use this on a base model that only has the stalk controls (no steering wheel controls)?

Not sure what the difference is between the models other than the obvious buttons but I can still navigate through menus and such with the stalk control. Just not sure if there is another difference that I'm not aware of.

EDIT: I purchased and installed the PolarFIS+ unit anyways. For what its worth the unit does work without steering wheel controls.

Last edited:

Surferboy120

Passed Driver's Ed
Boost settings Question

Can you tell me how you have your boost setup? What options are you using and has it been quick and accurate for you? I purchased this myself and I am working through the process of trying to select the correct config to read the boost accurately in PSI. To clarify further I am trying to make sure I have boost setup on the most accurate setup. I see that there has been some discussion on how boost is read but I am not certain which of the available options provides the best accuracy.

Thank you in advance.

Surferboy

Last edited:

VDubGTI12

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello,
Reviving a older thread but looking to get one of these.
1. Is the battery drain still a issue?
2. With the latest firmware update is a new dedicated menu created and the phone one is returned to it’s original state??
3. It seems this device is a better bang for the buck than the vent gauge because of the parameters displayed. Am I correct on that??

Thanks in advance and I apologize for the newbie questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk