GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tjasko's Golf R Build

tjasko

Go Kart Champion
Looks amazing! Any increase in pedal travel before they start to bite like the big 17Z/18Z setups?
Thanks man! You know actually, I do think it takes a little more pedal travel than it did before. I thought most of this was due to it not being fully broken in (just got installed last Saturday), but it does take slightly more pedal travel effort at least right now. It doesn't annoy me though.

Blaznjoe

Drag Race Newbie
BBK looks really good! :w00t:

George11

Ready to race!
Thanks man! You know actually, I do think it takes a little more pedal travel than it did before. I thought most of this was due to it not being fully broken in (just got installed last Saturday), but it does take slightly more pedal travel effort at least right now. It doesn't annoy me though.

What is the specs on the ST 40's? Piston sizes?

tjasko

Go Kart Champion
Tjasko's Stage 2+ Golf R Build

What is the specs on the ST 40's? Piston sizes?

Model 83.894.4700.R1 (applicable to R32, R20, MK5). 355mmx32mm rotor. Four piston. 42mm/36mm pistons.

I believe the pistons on the MK6 GTI ST40 calipers are different, however I don't know the specs.

Got the piston sizes from the caliper box:

Last edited:

tjasko

Go Kart Champion
Tjasko's Stage 2+ Golf R Build

Little midnight project changing spark plugs. Wanted to see if it'd change my horrible MPGs. NGK PFR7B with factory .028" gap. 11k on these suckers. [emoji13]

The plugs have around the same amount of carbon on them than the OEM plugs that had 50k on them. Yeah you could say she runs rich. [emoji38]

Measured the gaps and turns out the spark plug in cylinder #1 was gapped to .031". Hmpf.

Last edited:

tjasko

Go Kart Champion
I no longer have the bain of existence of the FSI engine; no more cam follower! Replaced it with INA's cam follower to roller kit. I plan on keeping my R for a very long time, so it's worth it for me.

Also replaced the bevel box/rear diff fluid along with my N80 valve, as like most VWs it went bad as the solenoid was stuck open.

tjasko

Go Kart Champion
new wheels + BBK = yum. still got that big ass apr sticker?
Ohh yeah, I've had the wheels + BBK on for a while now and don't regret it at all. Changes the handling of the car completely; way more confident in my driving skills with the brakes.

Hahaha, yeah still rocking the APR decal & an AU Tuning window banner. I love it lol; people can hate all they want. It actually helps as people get out of the way when I'm up in the canyons when they see me. lmfao [emoji13]

tjasko

Go Kart Champion
Switched the rear sway bar to the stiffer setting and got an alignment to dial in more camber in hopes to help the car not understeer as much. Suspension tuning is definitely a fine art lol

tjasko

Go Kart Champion
I was a little mysterious in my last update. Here's the reason why I needed a clutch that can handle so much power... IE450T big turbo kit (and their intake manifold for mooorrreee pooowwweeerrr + ability to easily add water meth in the future when the motor is built)! It's a BorgWarner EFR 6758 and I'll tell you, this turbo is friggen amazeballs. Drove the car for a bit before I left for vaca, and it's hella fun. :happyanim:

While I was doing the clutch at the same time, also upgraded to the ECS clutch bleeder block and stainless line. Pedal feel is definitely more responsive. Replaced the rear main seal while the flywheel was out (why the heck not, it’s a cheap part). Because the intake manifold was removed, got the injectors cleaned and resealed because it wasn’t done during the carbon cleaning.

Huge props to Blair Automotive/BMP Tuning out in Dallas for installing this kit and IE for the help they've provided along the way. [emoji106]

Last edited: