GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I want a UK-spec GTI!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
Early, true, but only after making the Prius crack and comments about Ann Arbor, which is what makes you an asshole, isn't it?

Other idiots kept harping on about how I must not understand imperial gallons being larger.

To be fair to him, I made the quip about Ann Arbor....:D

Which BTW, is true, as EPA do have their test lab there...

fnord

To be fair to him, I made the quip about Ann Arbor....:D

Which BTW, is true, as EPA do have their test lab there...

Nah, it was him I was referring to. The self-styled Toledo Jeremy Clarkson has mastered the being an ass part without the funny part.

cbursten

Banned
Nah, it was him I was referring to. The self-styled Toledo Jeremy Clarkson has mastered the being an ass part without the funny part.

My name is James May, and you clearly miss the subtlety of my humor. Oh, and I'm smarter than you.

2.0t_convert

Ready to race!
I just found it difficult to believe that the Europeans, which have pretty strict consumer protection laws, much stricter than the US, would allow such ridiculously flawed numbers, especially in Germany itself.

Changes in vehicle design over time are also part of the impact. Government isn't always on the ball with keeping pace. Increasing emissions standards means we no longer have lean burn little Honda motors on the roads and 50 MPG tin car diesels. This applies to nearly all vehicles as hardware to reduce emissions typically reduces fuel economy. In Europe this is an even greater impact because of the wider acceptance of diesels.

ChattMkv

Level 80 Procrasturbator
No, you're an asshole, asshole. I help people in other forums with topics in which I have knowledge, and I don't do it like a complete cunt like you. Go fuck yourself.

I now see that the European cycle is quite different from the US standard. A simple answer of 'look at the differences in the testing cycles' would have sufficed. Instead, you opted for the course of being a complete knobgobbling shitfuck, and that, along with the 'hurrr imperial gallons' was completely useless.

zanyrsc

Ready to race!
Just so you know there has been a fox for the TDI intercooler problem for the past 45 months. so you can trade your GTI now and start getting 44MPG +(depending on how you drive) now.
--dont tell me you are one of those douchebag that go to the dealer and complain about MPG...
line A. customer states poor MPG or not same as window sticker.
story... driver slower. use 93. keep you valves clean.

fnord

Just so you know there has been a fox for the TDI intercooler problem for the past 45 months. so you can trade your GTI now and start getting 44MPG +(depending on how you drive) now.
--dont tell me you are one of those douchebag that go to the dealer and complain about MPG...
line A. customer states poor MPG or not same as window sticker.
story... driver slower. use 93. keep you valves clean.

Hurrrrrrr.

No, from what I've read on tdiclub people with the 'fix' replacement intercooler and piping are still having the problem.

I wasn't complaining about the mileage of my GTI. I like my GTI just the way it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.