GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How to remove Grille? To remove front VW emblem...

RiVoT1

Ready to race!
so i got this from TMtuning the other day:

i'm hoping it's not too cold to work on installing this tomorrow afternoon... has anyone taken off the front grill yet? i don't think i can properly install this without doing so. i think i can figure it out, just wondering if any have gone before me that i can learn from...

TIA ;)

woofie2

Ready to race!
so i got this from TMtuning the other day:

i'm hoping it's not too cold to work on installing this tomorrow afternoon... has anyone taken off the front grill yet? i don't think i can properly install this without doing so. i think i can figure it out, just wondering if any have gone before me that i can learn from...

TIA ;)
watching an APR video the other day, -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlJcJ7vPHQs
it appears that all you need are the two screws down on the top, then pull the top forward (similar to previous generations) and the grille lifts out.

RiVoT1

Ready to race!
^^^ awesome, thanks! looks easy enough... i'll be reporting my results...

and great to see so many GTI vids on youtube....

EuroStylez

Go Kart Champion
When i was debadging my car i took of the front grill to take of the gti sign.. (it comes off really easy) if that info helps anyhow

RiVoT1

Ready to race!
When i was debadging my car i took of the front grill to take of the gti sign.. (it comes off really easy) if that info helps anyhow
haha - it's more encouraging than helpful, but thanks!

is it just like 4 screws or does something have to be removed first?

i'll report what i find.... :thumbsup:

RiVoT1

Ready to race!
ok, got the 4 T25 torx screws off the top of the grille assembly, but something's holding it in from underneath, not sure how to take care of it... video is unclear but it has to come forward...

1.8TSI

There is just plastic clips holding the grill. Try to press the top of the bumper down, and at the same time pull the grill gently up and out.

My english isn't very good. I hope you understand what i mean=)

RiVoT1

Ready to race!
There is just plastic clips holding the grill. Try to press the top of the bumper down, and at the same time pull the grill gently up and out.

My english isn't very good. I hope you understand what i mean=)
yer english is great, thanks! that definitely helps, but i think i'm done for today...

RiVoT1

Ready to race!
ok, i have the grill off, now figuring out how to get the emblem off...

RiVoT1

Ready to race!
success!

more details & pics to follow in the coming days...