GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Passenger Door Handle Removal??

vwGOLF6

You need to take the back cap off, then make sure the handle part latches on before you put the cap back on. Push the handle firmly forward to lock it on to the latch in the opening and then it will sit flush and you can then put the cap back on.

I can't take the little cap off, I tried many times with that special tool. So....?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

mikeleemk6

Go Kart Champion
I can't take the little cap off, I tried many times with that special tool. So....?

Only the driver side front door is screwed down, well the lock portion. All of them are just caps that slide on. All you have to do is look at the bottom of the cap and there is a little recess in it. Put a flat head in that cutout recess on bottom of the cap and carefully pry it off.

vwGOLF6

Only the driver side front door is screwed down, well the lock portion. All of them are just caps that slide on. All you have to do is look at the bottom of the cap and there is a little recess in it. Put a flat head in that cutout recess on bottom of the cap and carefully pry it off.

Are you sure cause the first time I did it with the special tool, and now the back fits in place and I tried to take it off with a screwdriver but I stopped cause I thought I would brake. But if you think that will be the solution I'll try it again.

vwGOLF6

But everybody is doing it with that tool? But actually you don't need it?

vwGOLF6

I tried out what you said about the door handle but it didn't help :(

I tried to pry it out with a flat screw driver underneath the back cap but it is stuck

Anybody has other ideas?

vavwowner

I tried with a pick set as well as a hanger, like all the videos say but it appears like there's nothing to hook onto.
I ordered the $20 tool. Hopefully it will work.