GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 04-11-2013, 02:23 PM   #29
Arin@APR
GolfMK6 Official Vendor

Drives: B8 S4 & MK5 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight View Post
hmm, Did Unitronic fixed your issue by you driving in house or remotely ?
I'm all for diagnosing an issue. I find it strange the 800+ other cars were fine.
Arin@APR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 02:27 PM   #30
FLtrooper
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: No Mas VW! Hola Audi!
I should have switched when I had the chance... I am hearing nothing but positive reviews with the Unitronic Stage 2+ software.

I would love to see back to back dyno runs with the same vehicle to compare software!

If someone wants to provide the software I will provide the independent dyno runs and vehicle

Sticking to two wheels from now on!
FLtrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 02:40 PM   #31
chrisisnapping
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: Bye: GTI DSG Hello: Mustang GT 6MT
i must say I really wonder what was the main issue and how Uni's and APR's tune differs to cause the problem not to persist.

Too bad you couldn't test out REVO and GIAC too

Also to be really clear here -- Is this an OTS flash from Uni or were some tweaks made?

Also, roughly how many miles on the Uni tune so far?

New: Stock for now.
chrisisnapping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 03:02 PM   #32
grambles423
Limited Activity

Drives: 2008.5 BMP GTI
Just a word to all:

This is an independent review from Allset on his accounts of switching from APR to Unitronic. I ask everyone (Vendors included) to not make this a shit storm of a vendor fight. Unitronic and APR has a right to disclose their involvement with this issue. I think the more detail of the journey the better, that way we can effectively resolve the ROOTCAUSE of the issue.

We all know the issues that Allset was having and he found a solution was through Unitronic. I personally have taken a look at his logs wondering what the heck was going on, so I know his frustration through his journey.

So personally, based off of my involvement with Paul himself, what exactly was the root cause in the software?
Centric Blank Rotors-Stoptech SP Pads

grambles423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 03:05 PM   #33
U-20T
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: BT GTI4Motion
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisisnapping View Post
Also to be really clear here -- Is this an OTS flash from Uni or were some tweaks made?
Off the shelf, anyone can go flash it today
U-20T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 03:07 PM   #34
Knight
Oval Newbie

Drives: MK6 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by grambles423 View Post
So personally, based off of my involvement with Paul himself, what exactly was the root cause in the software?
I really doubt Unitronic will give you the root cause of APR software.
Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 03:10 PM   #35
John@Unitronic
GolfMK6 Official Vendor

Drives: MK3 TTRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by trd420 View Post
Welcome to the Unitronic K04 Club!! It's only been a few weeks for me but I'm loving it
Glad you're enjoying it too, Aubrey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013R View Post
Now that I am "gone" and no longer even have a VW... I was offered Unitronic software basically free a long long time ago. I didnt take it. Now I wonder if my K04 experience would have been any different if I had. John is one of the best vendors here, hands down. Even when i railed shit after shit on him about product delays and stuff i was waiting to test, he never even once talked back to me or fought back. I couldnt believe how respectful he stayed no matter how annoyed I got with him. So bottom line, he is a top top vendor/person here, and was always willing to work with anything i needed, whether or not i accepted. I wish their intake had come out 2 months ago, because that was going to be my final GTI product review. Didn't work out..
Thanks for the kind words, Mark! It's been my pleasure! I'm just doing my job!

Quote:
Yes, Allset (Paul) is using a 100% OTS (off the shelf) production Stage 2+ (K04) file.
John@Unitronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 03:13 PM   #36
grambles423
Limited Activity

Drives: 2008.5 BMP GTI
Quote:
I really doubt Unitronic will give you the root cause of APR software.
Its the VAG scene. I 100% understand why they wouldn't/would. My thing is, if we're all "For the better of the community" the what the heck was it that caused so much frustration and angst with Paul's car? It could happen to anyone.

The more open we are as a community for sharing details and sharing technical information the better trusting we can be and the better we can understand our vehicles.
Centric Blank Rotors-Stoptech SP Pads

grambles423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 03:20 PM   #37
Knight
Oval Newbie

Drives: MK6 GTI
I fully agree but i really doubt it when it comes down between two competitors, why would you share the secret. They can fix it which all that matters normally to the end users.

Quote:
Its the VAG scene. I 100% understand why they wouldn't/would. My thing is, if we're all "For the better of the community" the what the heck was it that caused so much frustration and angst with Paul's car? It could happen to anyone.

The more open we are as a community for sharing details and sharing technical information the better trusting we can be and the better we can understand our vehicles.
Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 03:25 PM   #38
allset
Formula 1 Driver

Drives: 2014 Audi S5 Prestige Package
Send a message via AIM to allset
Quote:
hmm, Did Unitronic fixed your issue by you driving in house or remotely ?
oh boy......remotely.
SOLD! |UNI KO4 #20 |Shaved Hood&Grille|APR Intercooler|Carbonio|KW V1|Peloquin LSD|Brembo GT 330mm|SB Stage 2 clutch| Centric Rear Matching Rotors|SNOW Methanol Injection|UR Catted/Res'd DP|Borla Catback|NEUSPEED RSe12 Hyper Black,KO4 TDP,TB Pipe,NEUSPEED 25mm & 28mm Sways,Support Brackets & Endlinks|Tyrol DeadSet Kit|R LED Tails|Klii Inlay|VCDS Tweaked||SupremePower.com|KMDTuning.com|GSE|
allset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 03:26 PM   #39
allset
Formula 1 Driver

Quote:
i must say I really wonder what was the main issue and how Uni's and APR's tune differs to cause the problem not to persist.

Too bad you couldn't test out REVO and GIAC too

Also, roughly how many miles on the Uni tune so far?
of the shelf, now. although i plan to tweak for meth later
SOLD! |UNI KO4 #20 |Shaved Hood&Grille|APR Intercooler|Carbonio|KW V1|Peloquin LSD|Brembo GT 330mm|SB Stage 2 clutch| Centric Rear Matching Rotors|SNOW Methanol Injection|UR Catted/Res'd DP|Borla Catback|NEUSPEED RSe12 Hyper Black,KO4 TDP,TB Pipe,NEUSPEED 25mm & 28mm Sways,Support Brackets & Endlinks|Tyrol DeadSet Kit|R LED Tails|Klii Inlay|VCDS Tweaked||SupremePower.com|KMDTuning.com|GSE|
Old 04-11-2013, 03:31 PM   #40
GTI_likeurmom
GolfMK6 Elite

Drives: Veyron 16.4
Quote:
Just a word to all:

This is an independent review from Allset on his accounts of switching from APR to Unitronic. I ask everyone (Vendors included) to not make this a shit storm of a vendor fight. Unitronic and APR has a right to disclose their involvement with this issue. I think the more detail of the journey the better, that way we can effectively resolve the ROOTCAUSE of the issue.

We all know the issues that Allset was having and he found a solution was through Unitronic. I personally have taken a look at his logs wondering what the heck was going on, so I know his frustration through his journey.

I cut the tether off. When I get to the pump, I remove the cap and chuck it into the nearest bush, patch of trees, or some sort of wet lands. I pump gas. Then I spend anywhere from 5 to 165 minutes retrieving the cap. I screw it back on and drive away. I'm not letting it dangle against the paint and I don't know any better way.
GTI_likeurmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 03:33 PM   #41
allset
Formula 1 Driver

Quote:
Just a word to all:

This is going way better than i expected,actually.

I have no idea why my ecu would not play nice with software before UNI. And quite frankly, at this point, i dont care if UNI cyber-fucked it with unicorn wang. It works, doesnt misfire, pull timing or anything.

i could have some fluke, who knows. Grambles was as baffled with my logs and issues as any shop i went to and he knows his shit.
Old 04-11-2013, 03:58 PM   #42
TSiUG
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 09 DSG APR K04
I have been considering going UNI for a while now. Wish there was a UNI dealer closer than 2-3 hours away. This thread makes me think of doing it even more lol. Have a local buddy here in dayton that will be switching from APR k04 to UNI soon and will make my decision after i see what i can do against the UNI tune with my current APR setup. Does UNI offer trial software on their stage 2+(k04) tunes? How about their DSG tunes?
APR TSI K04 Kit + Software(V2.2beta) - S3 Intercooler - Carbonio Stage 1 Intake - 42DD Catted Turboback - Neuspeed K04 TDP - NS Indigo ColumnPod Boost Gauge - VMR V702 w/ Conti DWS - BSH Pendulum Mount+Insert - FK Streetlines - 20% Window Tint - OEM R32 Tail lights
12.38@112

Last edited by TSiUG; 04-11-2013 at 04:08 PM.
TSiUG is offline   Reply With Quote