GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 04-18-2013, 04:38 PM   #141
mdhollis
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: S3
post #140. Can you see it? All I can see is a question mark
mdhollis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 04:41 PM   #142
KaJ
Touring Car Champion

Drives: 2010 GTI 2.0TSI DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arin@APR View Post
This is not correct. OP has the graphs.

I'm not exactly sure what was said here, maybe some typos?

The limit of the sensor is 2550. You cannot see higher than this in vag-com.

Not us. Do not care.

Agreed. The OP now has these graphs and can post them if he would like.

I have not seen cruising or idle misfires from customers. Are you contacting tech support with these issues? Are you running the correct file, on top tier correct gasoline? Did you always have these problems or did they just start randomly one day? Can you feel the misfires, or only see counters in vag-com? Have you looked at spark plugs and coil packs? Are they on one cylinder? If so, have you moved hardware around to see if it follows?

Our k04 software has been out for years now. We have thousands of cars running it. We have internal cars with 90k miles running production software, problem free. If you have a problem, we'd like to help, but I do not believe the blanket statement that our software is bad or has major problems. We's seen over the years, that's just not true.
Arin, I'm not attacking you guys at all, just wanted my car running at 100%. Here is my thread (you even replied in it): http://golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37169

I've emailed/pm'd you multiple times while trying to fix the issue. You asked me to contact Chris, which I did. He kept replying, "waiting on engineering". I followed up a few times, he just ignored me and never replied. I expected much better from you tech support.

Issue in a nutshell: Misfires on cold start/cruising. Felt and logged via VCDS (I've already sent them to both you and Chris).

I've changed plugs 3x, coils 3x, swapped to APR intake, checked MAF, and cleaned my intake valves. PureMS spent a lot of time trying to fix it, checking for the correct tune, reflashing, etc. This issue only started to occur right when I went APR K04.

Don't get me wrong, I have loved APR hardware and software before, I'm just having issues with my K04 tune and have come to the conclusion that I am going to have to live with it or switch tunes.
KaJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 04:49 PM   #143
Arin@APR
GolfMK6 Official Vendor

Drives: B8 S4 & MK5 GTI
Can you PM me your email address?
Arin@APR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:00 PM   #144
Knight
Oval Newbie

Drives: MK6 GTI
Quote:
Can you PM me your email address?
lol the OP had an issue with his car, he called APR for support and you couldn't fix it, neither replying to some of his emails.

Now he goes public and Suddenly, he has your attention
Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:08 PM   #145
mdhollis
Formula 5000 Champion

I would say one out of every four UNI logs pull a little timing randomly in one cylinder only. If anyone wants to see ALL of the data used in these comparisons PM me and I will email them to you. I also have logs I chose not to use to be fair. The lower graphs show the very random, one out of every four runs, minor timing pull on the UNI software. I mostly get 0's across every cylinder. These tunes seem to have a different thought process behind them. It is interesting.

These graphs were done by ARIN@APR, and to be clear, the worst UNI run was used in this. I have 4 done back to back and only one pulled timing:

]

Please note the red and blue is reversed on this lambda graph:

Last edited by mdhollis; 04-18-2013 at 07:59 PM.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:09 PM   #146
mdhollis
Formula 5000 Champion

These two different style graphs show the same apr log but different UNI logs
Old 04-18-2013, 05:11 PM   #147
turbosnail
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: GolfMK6
anyone care to explain the different methods and how it translates to real world driving experience?
turbosnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:18 PM   #148
mdhollis
Formula 5000 Champion

Now all we need is same day, same car dyno's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-18-2013, 05:19 PM   #149
Arin@APR
GolfMK6 Official Vendor

With everything on the same scale, it's easier to compare:

Notes:

As you can see, we're running similar lambdas near the end of the pull.

APR's running more boost than unitronic. This will mean higher mass airflow which is seen in the mass airflow log and lower ignition advance as seen in the ignition log.

I'm not sure how our file will interact with water meth compared to Unitronic. The calibration can be setup to advance more when the sensor sees colder IAT's, but our calibration's not setup to aggressively add ignition based on IAT because we don't know if it's cold weather, or water/meth. I rather take the safe side on that. You should run a log with w/m off for your own comparison. Ignition advance flatlines likely because it pulled timing near redline. How quickly the ECU adds back timing when it's pulled is another calibrated parameter and we may differ in this area.

Last edited by Arin@APR; 04-18-2013 at 05:27 PM.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:25 PM   #150
mdhollis
Formula 5000 Champion

Quote:
So no chance of posting the graphs with everything on the same scale? That paints the best picture.
Which scale Arin? I was told the x axis is tricky because the data points are different in the log.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:26 PM   #151
mdhollis
Formula 5000 Champion

Also those two sets of graphs are different UNI logs
Old 04-18-2013, 05:33 PM   #152
Arin@APR
GolfMK6 Official Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdhollis View Post
Which scale Arin? I was told the x axis is tricky because the data points are different in the log.
It's not tricky at all. You just need to graph as an X Y Scatter chart and not a line chart. The the scaling will be the same if they are on the same graph. Look above. I've added it in.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:39 PM   #153
Arin@APR
GolfMK6 Official Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaJ View Post
I've emailed/pm'd you multiple times while trying to fix the issue.
I see with our last emailing back and forth you mentioned you were getting fault codes for P2275, Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor Signal B1 S3, too rich. Were you able to resolve that code? It may be related to your issue. When I had a damaged sensor, I had misfires. It's easy to pull and twist the wires when removing the sensor, causing problems.

Here's an example and how it was fixed:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...nal-Stuck-Rich
Old 04-18-2013, 05:46 PM   #154
mdhollis
Formula 5000 Champion

Idk man I don't know how to graph this shit. I'm trying to give myself a crash course now because I'm going to start being annoying to the person who graphed this for me lol. He is a completely unbiased person btw and all this data is real.