GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 04:15 PM   #1849
chrisisnapping
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: Bye: GTI DSG Hello: Mustang GT 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by skully View Post
MBC not EBC

And boost is still set for kill mod
whoops, my mistake. i updated my post

New: Stock for now.
Old 04-25-2013, 04:30 PM   #1850
BAM its mitch
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2011 DBP 4d GTI w/Autobahn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanka View Post
To answer some questions, the car did go from 365 to 484 by just adding Unitronic fueling kit (injectors and Pump) and race fuel mix with 93 oct (and yes we do have 93 oct in PR see the picture below) then we added more pounds of boost and full race fuel and we hit 511whp. Like it was said before the car has gtx3071r with aftermarket rods and pistons stock bore and compression. If you want more info about our shop or built ups go to
Well obviously with injectors you are going to get more power, the question is whether the lpfp was necessary.

Anyone with the Uni fueling upgrade care to comment on the pressure from your lpfp vs. stock?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
K04 Club Member #13
Old 04-25-2013, 04:35 PM   #1851
Knight
Oval Newbie

Drives: MK6 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAM its mitch View Post
Well obviously with injectors you are going to get more power, the question is whether the lpfp was necessary.

He mentioned Fueling Kit, i assume he meant fueling system Unitronic TSI High Output Fuel System including the lpfp
Old 04-25-2013, 04:50 PM   #1852
BAM its mitch
FIA GT Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight View Post
He mentioned Fueling Kit, i assume he meant fueling system Unitronic TSI High Output Fuel System including the lpfp
And I am saying it is very likely that all of his power increase could be attributed to the injectors and he needlessly paid more for the LPFP. To verify this or discredit this thought, I am asking if the LPFP upgrade raises the pressure or not.

Basically, I don't buy the fact that the LPFP upgrade is necessary (at least not yet)

But it doesn't matter anyway, because I'm not big turbo and don't plan to be. I'm just interested in the tech side of the discussion.
K04 Club Member #13
Old 04-25-2013, 04:56 PM   #1853
mdhollis
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: S3
BAM is mitch,

You seem to know a thing or 2 about this topic. Is it possible to run two different volumes of fuel at the same pressure? Kinda like boost. The bigger turbo guys can run the same psi as us K04's but they have a larger volume of air.
Old 04-25-2013, 05:31 PM   #1854
BAM its mitch
FIA GT Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdhollis View Post
BAM is mitch,

You seem to know a thing or 2 about this topic. Is it possible to run two different volumes of fuel at the same pressure? Kinda like boost. The bigger turbo guys can run the same psi as us K04's but they have a larger volume of air.
The larger volume of air just allows them to run the same psi at higher engine speeds and also allows them to be at a better spot on the "efficiency island" which results in lower charge temps. Their real power comes at higher boost. The difference between that and fuel is compressibility. Fuel is effectively incompressible. With an incompressible fluid and a fixed volume pump (hpfp) downstream, pressure doesn't matter. So to answer your question, as far as the fuel system on our cars is concerned, with the hpfp in place you can't run different volumes of fuel with the same pressure.

Now, with that said, if you run higher pressure to the hpfp it is possible it would increase the efficiency of the hpfp which would result in more fuel. How much would be hard to say, but it likely wouldn't be much.

K04 Club Member #13
Old 04-25-2013, 09:47 PM   #1855
mdhollis
Formula 5000 Champion

Quote:
The larger volume of air just allows them to run the same psi at higher engine speeds and also allows them to be at a better spot on the "efficiency island" which results in lower charge temps. Their real power comes at higher boost. The difference between that and fuel is compressibility. Fuel is effectively incompressible. With an incompressible fluid and a fixed volume pump (hpfp) downstream, pressure doesn't matter. So to answer your question, as far as the fuel system on our cars is concerned, with the hpfp in place you can't run different volumes of fuel with the same pressure.

Now, with that said, if you run higher pressure to the hpfp it is possible it would increase the efficiency of the hpfp which would result in more fuel. How much would be hard to say, but it likely wouldn't be much.

The problem with the technical details is no tuner wants to tell the other tuner what they are thinking and what their R&D came up with. Good post I learned a few things lol.

EDIT: I wil say though, I find it impossible to believe this pump does nothing. The 2 cars that installed it made nice power

Last edited by mdhollis; 04-25-2013 at 09:58 PM.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:26 AM   #1856
kern417
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: '09 Jetta
so this brings me back to my question from a few pages back

why do they sell the lpfp by itself but to get the injectors you have to buy both?
If you already have an intake, might as well just go big turbo while you're in the engine bay. Just my 2 cents.
Quote:
Originally Posted by erball View Post
It's only then when I realize, in a moment of clarity, I should have bought Honda.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:31 AM   #1857
Bronson@APR

Drives:
Quote:

You got it spot on, Perfect

Old 04-26-2013, 08:35 AM   #1858
U-20T
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: BT GTI4Motion
Quote:
Originally Posted by kern417 View Post
so this brings me back to my question from a few pages back

why do they sell the lpfp by itself but to get the injectors you have to buy both?
LPFP works on FSI's as well
Old 04-26-2013, 07:49 PM   #1859
steelcurtain
FIA GT Champion

Drives: '12 Audi TT-RS
I've been doing more testing with my tt-rs LPFP and it is showing gains. Nothing to get too excited about but the fuel rail dips aren't quite so bad as stock pump. This wa with half tank of gas and warmer temps vs 1/4 tank and cold temps.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:05 PM   #1860
mdhollis
Formula 5000 Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcurtain View Post
I've been doing more testing with my tt-rs LPFP and it is showing gains. Nothing to get too excited about but the fuel rail dips aren't quite so bad as stock pump. This wa with half tank of gas and warmer temps vs 1/4 tank and cold temps.
That's cool bro. The ttrs pump is plug and play?
Old 04-27-2013, 08:53 AM   #1861
steelcurtain
FIA GT Champion

Drives: '12 Audi TT-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdhollis View Post
That's cool bro. The ttrs pump is plug and play?
Yep, plug and play.
Old 04-27-2013, 09:33 AM   #1862
zhijjawi10
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2010 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcurtain View Post
Yep, plug and play.
You mean plug and pay

Closed Thread

Tags
and finger blasts his dog, and oddly tongues sister, bag of dicks thread, dubpl8 fists his dad, however fingers his mom, james shouldn't have bt'd, no hpfp for halvie, rip fireball