GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CTS Intake (rev.2) or Unitronic Intake?

NeoSA1

Ready to race!
Hi guys,

If you had to choose between the CTS TSi Intake (the new revision) and the Unitronic Intake, which one would you go for and why?

Both seem to have the exact same setup. The CTS is updated so it's modular as well (like the Unitronic) and uses the stock MAF housing etc.

The CTS seems to use a slightly bigger filter - both are dry elements which is important. As far as I can tell, both the CTS and Unitronic intakes should be equally loud in terms of harmonics.

Over here in South Africa, I can get the CTS for R2000 cheaper. That's about $200 cheaper than the Unitronic.

At this stage, I'm struggling to see why I should take the Unitronic intake over the CTS kit - bit I admit, I do like the Unitronic intake a lot.

dbizzle22

Go Kart Champion
Hi guys,

If you had to choose between the CTS TSi Intake (the new revision) and the Unitronic Intake, which one would you go for and why?

Both seem to have the exact same setup. The CTS is updated so it's modular as well (like the Unitronic) and uses the stock MAF housing etc.

The CTS seems to use a slightly bigger filter - both are dry elements which is important. As far as I can tell, both the CTS and Unitronic intakes should be equally loud in terms of harmonics.

Over here in South Africa, I can get the CTS for R2000 cheaper. That's about $200 cheaper than the Unitronic.

At this stage, I'm struggling to see why I should take the Unitronic intake over the CTS kit - bit I admit, I do like the Unitronic intake a lot.

As much as I like my Uni intake, for $200 USD cheaper I'd go with the CTS.

Thunderfunk

Ready to race!
If the new CTS intake uses the stock MAF housing now and is $200 cheaper for you I would say that is a no brainer. Unitronic is definitely one of the nicest intakes but not $200 more nice.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

NeoSA1

Ready to race!
The issue I have with the CTS intake is that the intake heat shield only mounts with one bolt and rests on top of the radiator. So that will rattle. The stage 2 pipe also doesn't mount in the middle like the stock pipe does, so that's LESS secure than the stock pipe.

The Unitronic intake secures properly both on the heat shield and the stage 2 pipe.

Has unitronic possibly made the best ever intake for our cars? Seems so!

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
I have the uni one wit the dv relocate an i love it i sold my forge twintake for this. This is my third intake ive had an by far my favorite i wont switch intakes again.

Thunderfunk

Ready to race!
The issue I have with the CTS intake is that the intake heat shield only mounts with one bolt and rests on top of the radiator. So that will rattle. The stage 2 pipe also doesn't mount in the middle like the stock pipe does, so that's LESS secure than the stock pipe.

The Unitronic intake secures properly both on the heat shield and the stage 2 pipe.

Has unitronic possibly made the best ever intake for our cars? Seems so!

Oh didn't know that about the CTS, doesn't make it as easy of a choice. For what's it worth I love my Modshack but I just placed a backorder for the Unitronic from a local shop.

NeoSA1

Ready to race!
Yeah what the heck. I'm going unitronic :)

It is IHI compatible, right? I might only go K04 much later.

clos105

Passed Driver's Ed
If the new CTS intake uses the stock MAF housing now and is $200 cheaper for you I would say that is a no brainer. Unitronic is definitely one of the nicest intakes but not $200 more nice.

would you say $100 cheaper its still worth it to take CTS?

phuccer1

Ready to race!
Oh didn't know that about the CTS, doesn't make it as easy of a choice. For what's it worth I love my Modshack but I just placed a backorder for the Unitronic from a local shop.

Is there a reason why you are switching to Unitronic from Modshack? I was considering Modshack as my first intake as well.

Thunderfunk

Ready to race!
would you say $100 cheaper its still worth it to take CTS?

Personally I wouldn't especially with KMD Tuning having a nice sale on the Unitronic intakes. That said I have never had either version of the CTS but after installing my Unitronic I would not be tempted by it.

Thunderfunk

Ready to race!
Is there a reason why you are switching to Unitronic from Modshack? I was considering Modshack as my first intake as well.

Boredom and just trying something different/louder really. The Modshack is still a great intake though and I didn't have any issues that made me want to get rid of it (besides being too lazy to clean and oil the filter).

songyun

Ready to race!
how about ESC intake

clos105

Passed Driver's Ed
Personally I wouldn't especially with KMD Tuning having a nice sale on the Unitronic intakes. That said I have never had either version of the CTS but after installing my Unitronic I would not be tempted by it.

okay... thanks bro!