GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help with tire options! Socal!

Gorilla

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys, it's that time of the year to replace my tires. I have several options in my mind currently. I'm trying to stay around $400-$700 budget. Please let me know what tires are relatively good for socal weather!

Achilles ATR Sport
Hankook V12
Sumitomo HTZ III
Conti DW/DWS?(a bit more expensive)

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
There is no reason for all season tires in socal...why would anyone even give a thought to all seasons in that area?

I say DWs if it must be one of those options otherwise PSS or RE 11 or even better Pilot Sport Cups

Pmanpop

Go Kart Champion
Lol pilot sport cups. If you want the best all seasons with summer like grip go Michelin as3. If you want budget summer with good turn in (stiffer sidewall) I'd run BFG sport comp 2. If you go Michelin their rebate might still be going on

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Lol pilot sport cups. If you want the best all seasons with summer like grip go Michelin as3. If you want budget summer with good turn in (stiffer sidewall) I'd run BFG sport comp 2. If you go Michelin their rebate might still be going on

x2 for BFG Sport Comp 2 - just took them to the track last week and they were great, very affordable, lots of tire for the money. With current rebate they are 390 for a set of 4 so I decided to purchase from tirerack. Have about 1000 miles on them and on full track day - big thumbs up.

Gorilla

Passed Driver's Ed
x2 for BFG Sport Comp 2 - just took them to the track last week and they were great, very affordable, lots of tire for the money. With current rebate they are 390 for a set of 4 so I decided to purchase from tirerack. Have about 1000 miles on them and on full track day - big thumbs up.

Woah! Where you getting them for $390? I checked for 215/40/18 and after rebate it's $454. Probably leaning towards the BFG's...

Also found Big O Tires is having a 3 for 1 sale on Sumitomos HTR Z III. $490 OTD w/ balance and mount.

and then I also received a quote for the v12's...$580 otd.

Pmanpop

Go Kart Champion
Woah! Where you getting them for $390? I checked for 215/40/18 and after rebate it's $454. Probably leaning towards the BFG's...

Also found Big O Tires is having a 3 for 1 sale on Sumitomos HTR Z III. $490 OTD w/ balance and mount.

I'd pass on the sumitomos. Nothing against them but there are better options for the money. Go BFG

david9962000

Drag Race Newbie
Where do you get them installed? It's hard to find a shop that does't scratch the wheels when they dismount tires.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic

225/40/18 BFG COMP2 are 390 a set with rebate. I just select my local Firestone shop for mounting and they ship to Firestone. Have not chewed up my BBS wheels yet.

balius

Go Kart Champion
I've had the v12's and the DW's. I prefer the v12's.