GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Next Car Swap

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
Not bad for a Honda.. (plugs coming to fill the 2 stock JDM bumper holes)

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
A photoshop with 2 more pieces vinyled black.

hiimelvin

Ready to race!
Wrapping the grille surround may be tough due to the angles, especially with the difficulty you had wrapping the bottom lip. I would leave the hood scoop as it is, the black abyss inside gives it enough contrast.

Edit: with your red badge on the rear, the red pinstripe up front wouldn't look too bad and help break it up a bit. Something else to consider :p

For Reference:

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
thanks, i do have the scoop platidipped now. just uploading the part 1 vid. i can always remove it if i dont like it. will prob add a glossifier coat or two, to make it match my custom lower strip a bit better. the scoop in the pic above doesnt look that good because it is a lost theme. mine has the blacked out badging and lower black strip to complement it. you'll see pics soon anyway.

Wrapping the grille surround may be tough due to the angles, especially with the difficulty you had wrapping the bottom lip. I would leave the hood scoop as it is, the black abyss inside gives it enough contrast.

Edit: with your red badge on the rear, the red pinstripe up front wouldn't look too bad and help break it up a bit. Something else to consider :p

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
Hood scoop project done. You know where to find the whole video if interested.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
aye, not really feeling the triple effect with that added, personally. but glad its plastidip.

reminds me of this x 3:

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
then you would have really hated the grill blacked even more. glad i didnt do that part.

MeatBoi

Passed Driver's Ed
Hood scoop project done. You know where to find the whole video if interested.

I would vinyl wrap upward from the lower valance all the way up to the grill. There are some neat angular lines you could bring out from the negative of the black vinyl.

golftdibrad

Go Kart Champion
so did Plac officially :nope: out of golf mk6?

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
hahaha i love that gif 2 above...

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
oh wow.

its funny, my buddy with a 2015 WRX just got a 2018 Golf R. He says he kind of misses the rex, tbh.

I think Plac blocked me on FaceTube from the LHG page , feels.