GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bradleykinz's GTI Build

Bradleykinz

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi everyone! Decided to start a build thread. I bought my 2012 GTI with 18XXX miles on it in June 2015 for $21k. It is a base with convenience package but no nav, precious owner removed the nav for the vw 7inch radio. The only other thing done to it by the previous owner was putting Nexen SU1 tires on it which I am still using. I am currently Cobb stage 2 (Stock Maf) 93 since August 2016.

June 2015- When I bought the car. I went into the dealership right when it opened on the first day the car was available for test drive. My old car is the cobalt.

July 2015- Got my first ticket with the car for having no front plate. Bought a toe hook license plate bracket. My dad scratched my bumper trying to tightening the the bolt more since it wasn't hold the plate properly. The plate is currently being hold on by a zip tie and the bracket.

August 2015- my first "mod" was removing the 7inch radio for a pioneer headunit. There was no bluetooth with the previous radio so I replaced it.

November 2015- I purchased my first set of winter tires ever. Yokohama IceGuard.

February 2016 I purchased Nuespeed discharge and aircharge pipes.

March 2016- I tuned my GTI with the Cobb Accessport. Stage 1 High Boost 93.

June 2016- I bought an Eurojet catless downpipe. (Was installed in August 2016) Also bought a GFB DV (Not pictured).

July 2016- Bought and installed Nuespeed Intake, NGK spark plugs, and R8 coils.

February 2017- Purchased B&G coilovers, 3SDM 0.05 wheels, and Mevius Lug Bolts. (I need a new center cap for my wheels, one is the wrong color and hub rings) Both were just installed. I will take better pictures when I wash the car and the weather is better. There is a 1 finger gap between the wheel and the fender. Will probably go lower soon.

Upcoming mods for this year:
Sway bars
Mounts

Thanks for reading!

GoodTimesIndeed

Go Kart Champion
Nice!

What are your thoughts on the Eurojet catless downpipe? I think i'm going to be purchasing the Eurojet turboback here soon. Did everything bolt up and align easily? Thoughts on the sound?

Also, that head unit is so clean looking. I like the no button look to it.

Bradleykinz

Passed Driver's Ed
Nice!

What are your thoughts on the Eurojet catless downpipe? I think i'm going to be purchasing the Eurojet turboback here soon. Did everything bolt up and align easily? Thoughts on the sound?

Also, that head unit is so clean looking. I like the no button look to it.

Thanks! I love the downpipe. When my friend and I tried installing we were unable to install it because of a rusted clamp that would not come off. So I ended up buying a new clamp and taking to a shop. They did not mention any problems with the install. The DSG farts are much louder then they were stock. I love it so much and it is quiet when just driving normal.

Bradleykinz

Passed Driver's Ed
Some newer pictures of my car I took at my parents' house.

And pictures after Maxton Design Spoiler Extension install. Just need to install Maxton Design splitter next.

Bradleykinz

Passed Driver's Ed
I love it. I highly recommend it.

Bradleykinz

Passed Driver's Ed
This happened today. :C 3k in damages.

Bradleykinz

Passed Driver's Ed
It is hard to explain, I do have video of it but don't want to post everywhere, until everything with my insurance and police is done. I was pulling into a parking lot behind a silverado, we both followed the same path and the part of the lot where the accident happen was in a L shape. The silverado made a left turn and I proceed to go straight into the spots that were right in front of me. Instead of continuing to go the silverado stopped and reversed into me as I was going into my spot. He told the police I was speeding and that is why he did not see me. Even though I was following him for two blocks prior to entering the parking lot.

Bradleykinz

Passed Driver's Ed
Here is the video of the accident. After viewing the video the police officer said the truck driver was at fault. I look forward to getting my deductible back. :D I picked up my car last Wednesday, you cannot tell it was ever in an accident.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OUO5XryX_s

Last edited: