GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Photobucket problem workaround

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Someone on another forum pointed this out to me. Maybe everybody knows about it already but I didn't.

For years many of us have used Photobucket to host pics. Not too long ago they changed their policy and the result was that all those years of pics on our forum could no longer be viewed.

By adding an extension to the Chrome browser (available from Google) all of those pics are viewable again. Just have to add the extension once to Chrome and you can now see them again.

Just google Photobucket Hotlink Fix and go to the Google site to add the extension, works great.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
I will also add that the admins on the MKV forum actually have been fixing some of the really good threads by migrating pics to IMGUR. i would imagine it is easy to do in bulk if you have full admin access.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
awesome! thank you so much for sharing!

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
I will also add that the admins on the MKV forum actually have been fixing some of the really good threads by migrating pics to IMGUR. i would imagine it is easy to do in bulk if you have full admin access.

none of us have full admin on here. I'm a mod on mk5 and mk7 as well and only have full admin on mk7. Sucks but we'd have to do them one by one and nobody has time for that.

zrickety

The Fixer
Great find, thanks.

MKVInnie

Passed Driver's Ed
I regrettably aced so many bookmarks and had more difficult DIY experiences because the images wouldn't load. Thank you for sharing this :)

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Just a note - since this is a workaround that defeats Photobuckets attempt to make the files unviewable, they may change this extension again. You may have to go through this process of applying another extension when / if that time comes.

ImitationMan

Passed Driver's Ed
There is also an extension for Firefox called 'Photobucket Embedded Image Fix' that does this too.