GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

11 GTI vs Corvette

J.P.

Passed Driver's Ed
Not sure what year it was, but I got into it with a Corvette today.

He was first at the stop light, and I was right behind him.

He accelerated quickly enough so that we both cleared the right lane, but he didn't rip it. As soon as I went into the right I ripped it (maybe 35'sh mph in 2nd gear), and once we were even he ripped it. So, I did kind of get a little bit of a head start, however, I was extremely impressed with my car. By the time I got to 100 in 4th, I was a full car length ahead of him, and he chickened out and hit his brakes.

(My car is chipped, but that's it).

Also had a run in with a Honda Odyssey today. LOL. I'll give him props, he got into the low 120's to try and keep up with me, but then I decided to blow by him. One of the more entertaining "races" I've had.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Must have been a '92 or something :lol: or "he wasn't trying"

As for racing minivans.... :confused::paddle::eek::rolleyes::bellyroll:

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
Why were you even racing a minivan? It's like running a race against a handicapped kid. Albeit some handicapped people can be athletic. lol

J.P.

Passed Driver's Ed
Lol....he wanted some. I have to give the people what they want.

It was pretty funny actually.

As far as the Corvette, you're probably right. Still, I'm going to assume that he was trying and that APR's stage 1 is just that awesome.

Kerry1

Passed Driver's Ed
my dad's c6 grand sport vette shits on my stage 2 gti...c5s are just as fast too

lol... the only way to stop that is start parking the GTI in front of the Vett ;-)
sorry, it just gave me a funny mental image of literally washing vett crap off the front of your car.

Stocktastic1

Go Kart Champion

DRedman451

Go Kart Champion
lol... the only way to stop that is start parking the GTI in front of the Vett ;-)
sorry, it just gave me a funny mental image of literally washing vett crap off the front of your car.

haha i love his car, it is a whole lot of fun to drive to...but we both agree my gti is a lot easier to get in trouble with...its built for riding down the autobahn so you really cant tell the difference between 60 and 90 haha

staynhome29

Ready to race!

He accelerated quickly enough so that we both cleared the right lane, but he didn't rip it. As soon as I went into the right I ripped it (maybe 35'sh mph in 2nd gear), and once we were even he ripped it. So, I did kind of get a little bit of a head start, however, I was extremely impressed with my car. By the time I got to 100 in 4th, I was a full car length ahead of him, and he chickened out and hit his brakes.

Also had a run in with a Honda Odyssey today. LOL. I'll give him props, he got into the low 120's to try and keep up with me, but then I decided to blow by him. One of the more entertaining "races" I've had.

I LOL at all you scrubs. Unless your car is k04 or stg3, you are not smoking anything.

stg2 gti wtih boltons loses to stock evo and stock sti. How can you beat a freaking C5 or C6 corvette. Roll or not.

Also i love GTI but everyone on this forum shats on hondas when an s2k will drive circles around you on the track.

I love the mk5/mk6 but respect other cars because there isnt much we can beat if both drivers are of equal skill level.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
TROLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion
:p:lol::fighting0030::happyanim::bellyroll::clap: :paddle::lol::laugh::):happyanim::lol::laugh::D :yikes::thumbup::lol::laugh::(:):happyanim: :bellyroll: :bs:

msm00b

Ready to race!
I tried to race a vette once at stage 1. I pulled hard on him.

Until he hit the gas.

So long ... sucka!

chippedgti

Go Kart Champion
are we kidding that we actually think a stage 1 gti can stay with in one train length of a corvette? I guess apr is really poisoning the minds of all dubbers jesus christ this is getting rediculous

jaydubz

FIA World Rally Car Newbie

You sir are going to kill some one with all that "ripping"...

DBGTI11

Ready to race!
Good kill OP

APR has really been stepping up their game making 400 whp on stage 1 to beat a vette, such a shame i got REVO

tsk... tsk... tsk...

Last edited: