GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR INTERCOOLER

06gsxr1000

Go Kart Champion
Ok, so I am stage 2, well I will be soon.... getting TBE tomorrow. Is it important to get the APR INTERCOOLER? I mean it's not like Im tracking my car, any racing I do is 1/4 mile. So maybe Im just not seeing the point... Does it significantly help??

BeauG

Ready to race!
If you are looking for a cheaper alternative, the S3 intercooler has shown some very promising results on Stage 2 vehicles. You might want to look into that as the parts alone are almost $700 cheaper.

06gsxr1000

Go Kart Champion
If you are looking for a cheaper alternative, the S3 intercooler has shown some very promising results on Stage 2 vehicles. You might want to look into that as the parts alone are almost $700 cheaper.

Well I dont mind the price of the APR intercooler, just seein if it is worth even doing it? I mean I only beat on my car for 1/4 mile at a time..not like Im constantly having it in higer RPM's, sometimes I may drive it hard, but when it comes to racing where I need to have ALL my power its 1/4 mile.

"I live my life 1/4 mile at a time!" hahahahah jkjkjkjkjk :fighting0030:

Djunited1

Go Kart Champion
water/meth instead of an intercooler then?

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
It's absolutely worth it. We don't advertise the intercooler as a power adder, but more so as a device that will continue to deliver the same power pull after pull after pull. however, that said, in our own testing we saw the intercooler dropped IAT's, even after the first pull, enough so to make more power over stock. Also, the end tank and core design is much better than stock, allowing for a slight decrease in pressure loss, making spool up quicker than stock.

At any stage in the game, you'll benefit from the intercooler. It's highly recommended, especially for the newer generation TSI's coming with an even cheaper quality oem IC!

TurtleJames

Go Kart Champion
Hey Arin. Do you have an ETA on the availabilty of these intercoolers? Been waiting about a month for these to come in to Redline Speed Worx. Thanks!

jp0319

Go Kart Champion
If you are planning on staying at stage 2 or at the very least not upgrading to KO4 for years then the S3 is all you'll need for stage 2. The APR IC is bad ass and if I go KO4 I will get one for sure but for the money difference I think it would be overkill to drop $1000 on the APR IC for stage 2 vs about $300 for an S3 IC. Just my opinion, thats what I did and I'm happy with the S3 at stage 2.

JP

Get it, you won't regret it.

mikeh61

Ready to race!
intercooler is very worth it. im going to be upgrading from my s3 to apr's in the near future since the s3 doesn't handle the k04 very well. if it gets hot where you live in the summer then i would defiantly upgrade the ic

ssunnylee24

Go Kart Champion
You absolutely dont need it and would be wasting your money.
ICs are for consistency you only do 1/4 mile runs.
Dont waste your money on a intercooler get w/m instead.

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Hey Arin. Do you have an ETA on the availabilty of these intercoolers? Been waiting about a month for these to come in to Redline Speed Worx. Thanks!

If you give us a call with your PO, the sales people can look it up and tell you where you are on the list.

06gsxr1000

Go Kart Champion
It's absolutely worth it. We don't advertise the intercooler as a power adder, but more so as a device that will continue to deliver the same power pull after pull after pull. however, that said, in our own testing we saw the intercooler dropped IAT's, even after the first pull, enough so to make more power over stock. Also, the end tank and core design is much better than stock, allowing for a slight decrease in pressure loss, making spool up quicker than stock.

At any stage in the game, you'll benefit from the intercooler. It's highly recommended, especially for the newer generation TSI's coming with an even cheaper quality oem IC!

But the thing that im not getting, is im not doing pull after pull after pull, my car sits for a while usually and has time to cool down, think this might be something I can wait for. I will get my wheels, and tires, then do the FMIC. I think there are other things that will benefit me more, like better wheels and tires, and to lower my car. I think I will get more from that then a FMIC.

rizzogti

Go Kart Champion
But the thing that im not getting, is im not doing pull after pull after pull, my car sits for a while usually and has time to cool down, think this might be something I can wait for. I will get my wheels, and tires, then do the FMIC. I think there are other things that will benefit me more, like better wheels and tires, and to lower my car. I think I will get more from that then a FMIC.

being stage 2 and living in the chi town area, its not just pull after pull that you have to worry about. when its 95 degrees with 90% humidity, the car will drag A TON. you'll see once you go stage 2. im saving up for a FMIC, cuz i can tell you right now my turbo hates hot days :/