GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

AFS Failure...very confused

zwalk

Drag Race Newbie
Hey all. Got a AFS failure today. I came out of a spray off car wash. Buddy and I assumed it was cause we took the perches out the other day. The leveler was flipped the wrong way, I fixed that.

The perches being out gave no errors for a week, until today. So anyway, I went out the the car this evening to turn on the lights and see if they do the dance. They definitely did the dance, but the error still came up (AFS Failure).

Very confused at this point. I need to pull it with Vagcom my buddy is getting one soon. Really not quite sure what to make of this.

If there was a AFS failure I would figure that the headlights would not do the dance.

Has anyone experienced this?

zwalk

Drag Race Newbie
Bump...for next time.

randomly went away

Sprayinloose

So my afs went wacky for about 20 mins around Dec when I picked her up off the lot. Last week my left side bulb blew out so then the afs failure followed a minute after the headlight warning...now I can't get the new bulb to work...I've tried 3... Any ideas before I hit the dealer...it's a 2011 with 29k so I'm hoping whatever might be broken is covered. I've heard the whole assembly goes for $1300+!

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

svickstc

Go Kart Champion
When i had Koni's and the rear perches out after about 45K a wire was being crimped being so low (probably hitting numerous pot holes, road hazards in lovely PA)....

When i put my stock suspension back on the problem went away (which leads me to believe it was a pinched/crimped wire somewhere...I searched and ripped shit apart of days trying to chase this error on mysetup

I bet vagcom just shows fault to ground somewhere, as mine did, but like i said i raised back up and problem went away

best of luck

Sprayinloose

Ok so it was the ballast that went kaput also causing the afs to not work on the drivers side.

Sprayinloose

So a quick update the ballast is fixedo and the light works but the afs module is in need of replacing...so it's stuck in a mode where it doesn't adjust...

zwalk

Drag Race Newbie
It's back and I'm pissed. I unplugged the rear leveler module and fired the car up to see if I would get a new fault. It's the same. Curious if it's that but I have heard the afs wire can be traced to the driver side control arm area so I'm unsure if that is being pinched...