GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Unofficial GTI Year-Over-Year Changes Thread

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Ahahah! Now it's you who has to re-do your changes! I added the note at the bottom regarding supply-chain/obsolescence logistics.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Well, license plate bulbs are dependent on Xenon headlights/LED DRLs or not (which I noted). Things like the steering wheel "GTI" in all metal or plastic seem to be supply chain depletion related.

whatever

Passed Driver's Ed
Edmunds.com doesn't have specs up yet for the 2013 GTI, but Yahoo! Autos shows the 2013's as about 75lbs. lighter depending on trim versus the 2012's. A typo?

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Hm. 75lbs is a lot for some trim here and there. Usually these numbers refer to the base models, too, so Detroits certainly aren't the reason @28lb each. Though the Glens may be lighter, that would net 20lb tops. Maybe there are some mechanical bits changed that aren't noted yet.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Updated op to Rev G. Added note about the dash cubbys on some '13 models.

butchered by autocorrect

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
My 2012 has the overhead Bluetooth and phone controls. I notice that the gauges are different in the 2012-2013 than in the 2011 models. (The red lines...)

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
My 2012 has the overhead Bluetooth and phone controls. I notice that the gauges are different in the 2012-2013 than in the 2011 models. (The red lines...)

Yeah mine (a '12) has the overhead controls too. I wonder if getting rid of them wasn't intentional but a supply hiccup...

butchered by autocorrect

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
Yeah mine (a '12) has the overhead controls too. I wonder if getting rid of them wasn't intentional but a supply hiccup...

butchered by autocorrect

A good possibility.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Wow okay.. I would advise to check the op and file the dash cubby link, but it redirects to some random thread about diy splash guards. I'll fix that when I get back to my pc

butchered by autocorrect