GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Member Car Journals

Old 04-02-2013, 04:57 PM   #1
4fit
Go Kart Newbie

Drives: '12 UG DSG GTI
4fit's Build Thread- '12 UG GTI

Hi all. I'm new to the forum and new to Volkswagen ownership. Really, new to ownership of anything non-American. Previous cars worth mentioning are a '89 Mustang notchback (intake, cam, 125 dry shot, drag radials, drag suspension, etc), '01 Mustang Bullitt (#453, H&R Sport springs, 01 Cobra front bumper, staggered 18" anthracite Bullitts, etc), and '11 Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited (2" Teraflex lift, 33" Falken ATS, 16x8.5 Level 8 Strike 5s, etc).

Anyhow, I needed to sell the Jeep to get into a vehicle with a cheaper payment and better gas mileage (was averaging 15.8mpg in the Jeep). Always liked the MkV and Mk6 GTIs, so I set out to find one. Found a nice '09 APR Stage 1 2dr, but it sold 2 hours before I planned to go look at it.

Ended up finding this '12 UG DSG and worked out a deal for it. It already had OEM R wheels, OEM R tails, tint, smoked markers, and a diverter valve spacer. Not sure what my additional plans for it are, but they most likely include springs and stage 1 tune at some point.

Enough yappin'. Here are a few quickly snapped pics.

Here's a couple pics of the previously mentioned rides.

My son at Uwharrie
Old 04-02-2013, 05:18 PM   #2
Zillon
Banned

Drives: Dat R53, doe.
Welcome!

Car looks great; now I know what the 'Dega wheels look like on a UG GTI.
Zillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 05:43 PM   #3
WAP
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 2011 CSG GTI DSG Mk6 VEYRON
Welcome. The R wheels look great.

By the way, how old are you? If that's you in the jeep, you look about 15! LOL!

I keed!
2011 GTI DSG -Detroits swapped for Denvers|Soundaktor killed|DG Base Carrier Bars|VW Valve Stem Caps (+10hp!)|Dash Cubby|Euro Switch|GTI Seat Wrench Inserts|Conti DWS's|Vag-Com Mods|Double Apex USB Charger
WAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:07 PM   #4
4fit
Go Kart Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAP View Post
Welcome. The R wheels look great.

By the way, how old are you? If that's you in the jeep, you look about 15! LOL!

I keed!
lol. Well, you are about right. The guy driving was 15 at the time, but it ain't me. That's my oldest son. I'm 35, but feel more like 85 most of the time.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:18 PM   #5
WAP
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 2011 CSG GTI DSG Mk6 VEYRON
^^LOL! Gotcha.

Yea, I'm told teenagers will do that to you.
2011 GTI DSG -Detroits swapped for Denvers|Soundaktor killed|DG Base Carrier Bars|VW Valve Stem Caps (+10hp!)|Dash Cubby|Euro Switch|GTI Seat Wrench Inserts|Conti DWS's|Vag-Com Mods|Double Apex USB Charger
WAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:08 PM   #6
D Darko
Rally Car Champion

Drives: '10 GTI: Black/4dr/6spd/Dynaudio
Nice ride. Ditch the dv spacer asap before it blows oil all over the place.
APR Stage II v1.2, APR Downpipe, Carbonio (w/Modshack support), Southbend DXD Stage 2 Endurance (Revised and Cryo'd), Peloquin LSD, Tyrolsport Deadset Kit, BSH Insert & Pendulum, Dieselgeek Short Shift Kit, APR/Hotchkis Sways F/R, Unibrace UB, p3cars Digital Boost Gauge, OEM Rev 'D' Diverter, OEM 9w7 Bluetooth, OEM LED R Tails, Smoked Sidemarkers, Tint (35/50)
"Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?"
D Darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:45 PM   #7
6TI
Banned

Drives: 2013 CSG 6MT
Nice man. I've had 5 mustangs. My favorite was my 87 tangerine 5.0 notch back I painted. Congrats on the gti. I love mine and I'm sure you love yours! I have csg, and your color makes me jealous!
6TI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:47 PM   #8
A_Bowers

Drives: MKVI GTI
Nice ride. Moved thread to the appropriate sub-forum

Build Thread::Southbend Stage 3 review::SPM Intercooler Review::SPM Full Engine Mount Review
A_Bowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:53 PM   #9
trd420
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: 2015 S3 Prestige+Performance Pack
Nice how much did you pick it up for ? and yea go stage 1 you will the new found power
trd420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:56 PM   #10
4fit
Go Kart Newbie

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Darko View Post
Nice ride. Ditch the dv spacer asap before it blows oil all over the place.
Hhhmmm......first I've heard of that. Then again, I'm brand new to these. I'll read up on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Bowers View Post
Nice ride. Moved thread to the appropriate sub-forum
Oops. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trd420 View Post
Nice how much did you pick it up for ? and yea go stage 1 you will the new found power
Right around 20. Has the touchscreen/sunroof package (convenience package I think its called ?), DSG, interlagos, and looks absolutely brand new. I think I got a pretty solid deal.