White Mountains: Check
Green Mountains: Check
Notre Dame Mountains: Check
Adirondacks: Check
Alleghenies: Check
Poconos: Check
Shenandoah: Check
northern Blue Ridge (~NC/VA state line to Shenandoah): Check

The fun part is: we have saved the best for last. Now that my GTI balls have officially dropped, it is time for Pisgah, Nantahala, and the Tail of the Dragon.

Car just crossed 6k miles after two months of gloriousness; the I now stands for Internazionale as well as Iniezione. Only saw 1 other GTI in Quebec; a carbon MkVI with some nice Detroits. Zero TDIs. Nice tribe up there, but those poor bastards are all driving 2.5s. Tons of them. Not that there is anything wrong with that. But still.

Oh, and really enjoyed breezing through the flock of ~12 ricers in Virginia. Nice mufflers, kids. Nice mufflers. The Doppler shift on those are a hoot as you pass them, but please Vs, don't kid yourself; that's what the right lane is for.

victri

Passed Driver's Ed
No idea who the Fahrenheit driver is, but I'm always on the lookout for other GTIs, no matter the Mk. Thanks for the tip on Avent Ferry... I used to live out that way, but am now in the Brier Creek area in Northwest Raleigh.

A simple wave or a 'V' sign is what you might expect from me. There's a nice Candy White MkV down the way from where I work on Paramount Parkway. We've acknowledged each other before.

I'm in the Brier Creek area too. Nice to meet you at the service dept today.

ksgarcia1

Ready to race!
Oh, and really enjoyed breezing through the flock of ~12 ricers in Virginia. Nice mufflers, kids. Nice mufflers. The Doppler shift on those are a hoot as you pass them, but please Vs, don't kid yourself; that's what the right lane is for.

rofl

Cackalacka

Ready to race!
Yeah, fortunately girlfriend was dozing at that time. I wasn't going balls to the wall, but trying to push my way through this little flock of Civics.

When your ass is wearing a seat on hour 13 of 15, and you swoop up on some twinks, it is quite the chortle-cherry on top of a delicious road-trip sundae.

I'm a stickler for passing on the left, but when the coffee cans start swinging their dicks around, sometimes you have to leave your principles behind with the Hondas.

derland86

Yeah, fortunately girlfriend was dozing at that time. I wasn't going balls to the wall, but trying to push my way through this little flock of Civics.

When your ass is wearing a seat on hour 13 of 15, and you swoop up on some twinks, it is quite the chortle-cherry on top of a delicious road-trip sundae.

I'm a stickler for passing on the left, but when the coffee cans start swinging their dicks around, sometimes you have to leave your principles behind with the Hondas.

thats pretty harsh man i love honda my civic si was one of the best cars i ever owned all the way up until it died from a huge fire that was set to it the day it was stolen, anyways had a question i want to get the apr stage 1 for my car but here comes the age old question WILL IT VOID THE WARRANTY? i really want to do it but am a little weary of voiding that ya kno

Cackalacka

Ready to race!
thats pretty harsh man i love honda

Dude, don't me wrong, I loved my '95 Civic DX. When gas was $0.75, and I was a poor student, $5 in that car could fill my tank and take me to the moon and back.

The hatch Civic for that model year is, in my humble opinion, the best designed mass-produced small car, both in aesthetics and engineering, in the history of the automobile. One of my favorite design aspects of the MkVI (and to a lesser extent, the MkV) is how closely it resembles the 5th generation hatch Civic. Every line, save for the hood-to-A-pillar, is a spot-on match.

My last car was a '96 Accord, which gave up the ghost after 215k miles of hard service. I took it to places that I wouldn't dream of taking my much more capable GTI. It's still sitting in my driveway; I'm still struggling with the idea of letting it go.

So, to be clear, I have a large soft-spot in my heart for Hondas. That said, I've got little love left for Honda, and these Virginians, for the following reasons:

1) Honda has shit the bed on their product line since about 2000. The last two generations of the Civics look like suppositories, they axed the Civic hatch and wishbone suspension, and took a perfectly good car and crapped on it. They took a product line that catered to frugal enthusiasts, chewed it up, and now they literally shit out Crosstours, CR-Zs, the latest generation Insights, and whatever the hell you call Acura's grill.

Remember the Integra? Remember when Accords got better mileage than V6 Mustangs? They ceased being a practical company, and now are catering to the lowest common denominator of the American motoring public.

2) I got nothing against putting decals on one's sides and coffee cans on the tails, and doing stuff to make one's car look and sound all super-dooper and shit. Whatever floats the boat.

But... if, after 900-some-miles of driving, if there is a flock of super-dooper dudes, puttering 2 over in the far left and middle lanes, ignoring my high-beam suggestions, and blocking my long-anticipated reunion with my king-sized bed, well, I'm going to have to make fun of the decals and shit when I am forced to pass on the right, and again anonymously online.

3) Lest we forget, this happened in Virginia. After numerous observations made while getting the hell out of that state, I am almost certain that the oblivious phenomenon of cruising in the passing lane at (or slightly below) the speed limit HAD to be invented somewhere in-between Richmond and Petersburg. Seriously, take a cruise up I-85, and count the number of fucks drooling at 63 mph in the left lane.

ksgarcia1

Ready to race!
Derland86: As for your question,

"will it void the warranty?"

SHORT ANSWER: yes.

LONG ANSWER: Well, not really.

The only way the dealership can refuse to uphold the warranty is if they know about the tune and find a problem with your vehicle that resulted from the tune. I am NOT chipped, but from what I've read on these forums, there are a number of ways to keep your local dealership from finding out about it.

Is there anyone in this thread that has a tune? A little more insight might be helpful.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

+1 to Honda really losing their edge, their latest line-up really doesn't stand-out against what the domestic companies are offering. If anything I would still call their company practical, but their current offerings are completely devoid of the designs/specs that made their cars unique and exciting back in the 90s.

Wow that was a long post. I'm going to go wash my car.

ncelk

Cackalacka,

I agree with your Honda comments 100%. This is coming from someone who has driven them since 1986.

derland86

i can agree with that my 03 civic si was a little odd but in all honesty its probably the Si i actually like the new ones have shittysuspension no low end grunt AT ALL and its just plain bland i loved the fact that my little mini mini van si hatch with wheels and tired would run circles around almost any new honday and btw they discontinued the s2k granted not the quickest thing out the but sooooo much fun to drive and as the warranty question thanks i looked around the forum and found some useful stuff

ksgarcia1

Ready to race!
Saw what looked like a lowered CSG mk6GTI pull into Cary Towne Center yesterday (saturday). Was in the girlfriend's jetta, so I didn't wave or anything, but was that any of you guys?

Cackalacka

Ready to race!
Saw a CSG MkVI with some pimping Karthoums in the RDU lot on the way back into town last night. So very, very nice. Made me wish I had curb-shot discipline and some extra loot.

AudiSport4000

5cyl turbo
Damn, I shoulda posted here before my trip a month to Greensboro a month ago. I was in Winston Salem, Kernersville, and Greensboro about a month ago for an extended weekend with my GTI. Didnt see any others though :(

Cackalacka

Ready to race!
Damn, I shoulda posted here before my trip a month to Greensboro a month ago. I was in Winston Salem, Kernersville, and Greensboro about a month ago for an extended weekend with my GTI. Didnt see any others though :(

Dude, if you're coming all the way down from Indy, you should have hit up the Boone/Asheville axis.

But who am I to cast aspersions? I have yet to hit the Pisgah with my MkVI... yet...