GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stolen Car

Aohan03

I am a long time user of this forum but first time poster and unfortunetly I have sad news to report. My 2012 Candy White GTI was stolen in Queens, NY near Jamaica av. It has NJ license plates (N19CVY). If anyone lives in the area and has seen it ( I know its a long shot) or if anyone has any ideas on how I get spread the word I would be extremely grateful. I checked with th police, I check on a daily basis, the car has not been impounded, I have no outstanding tickets and I always keep up with my payments. This car is my livelihood and without it Im useless as I would imagine most of us would be. It particularly sucks since I had APR stage 1 installed along with an APR carbonio intake and a Stage II turboback exhaust, its a 2012 in candy white with only 15K miles on it. Ive posted on Jalopnik, craigslist, Ive called local cab companies in the area offering rewards to any of their drivers and have posted flyers in the area. The car has no GPS ( STUPID ME) and it has no lojack, I even tried calling sirius satellite radio seeing if they could track the car using the radio but they said its only a reciever not a transmitter. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas? I desperately need help. I know I dont know any of you and you dont know me anything but from one GTI owner to another, I implore you, PLEASE help me. ANY help would be appreciated. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

P.S. I also posted a more detailed plea initially under general discussions so if I answered a lot of questions there. I would appreciate any and all help

P.S.S. my email is Aohan03@yahoo.com

Aohan03

This is some more info from my previous post regarding the car

Sorry for the long post but I intend to answer all your questions.
A)I posted on numerous forums as well as on facebook groups, as i already posted it on facebook.
B)I have both keys and the valet key and the police suggested they used a tow truck possibly a flatbed. The insurance company did ask and I proved it to them.
C)I have been calling cab companies and even local businesses offering rewards, even going as far as to post flyers all around the area

D)I will call the impound lot(s) as you are all right they are all, well you know what they are and they make tons of mistakes

E)I dont have GAP insurance (kicking myself in the ass) and this is my only mode of transport but I have paid off more a bit more than half the value of the car so I dont think its likely I would be stuck still making payments do you? They told me they would give me the book value and I intend to reject the first offer, I have allstate and from understanding their policy is reimbursing you for one model year higher though I could be mistaken. The next car I get im getting GPS installed no ifs and or buts about it.

F)its a 4 door 2012 white gti with a black VW logo on the grill. It was parked on Jamaica ave near 76th st. There is only an area on the hood wear a vandal scratched off a patch of my paint ( i dont know how) a month ago. No exterior parts, just APR stage I, a carbonio intake, a black VW grill logo and a Stage II exhaust. I have full coverage but no GAP insurance, I really hope I dont get stuck with payments especially since the car only has 15,000 miles on it. It should be worth quite a bit according to the book value and I dont want to get stuck paying for a car I no longer own especially since I NEED to buy a new one.

FINALLY (thank you all for your kind help and sympathy and useful advice) I thank you from the bottom of my heart. I will check the local impound lots of a VERY regular basis as a lot of people there are fools and make mistakes and I dont want my car going to some auction. I also dont want the car back if its considered a total loss, and if by some miracle they simply stole it and took it for a joy ride, GOD KNOWS that damage they caused to it.

Thank you all for your help, (sorry for the long post) and any further advice would be welcome. If anyone lives in the area and happens to see it, I would be most thankful. Thank you fellow GTI owners.

jerms

Passed Driver's Ed
I live in the area where you lost it, so I'll definitely keep an eye out. Other than the black emblems, are there any other distinctive features? (Are you lowered, what wheels, any stickers, etc.)

Aohan03

I live in the area where you lost it, so I'll definitely keep an eye out. Other than the black emblems, are there any other distinctive features? (Are you lowered, what wheels, any stickers, etc.)

Stock wheels, it has a sunroof, its not lowered, the hood car has a patch where some vandals scratched some of the of the paint down to metal about the size of a palm along with similar scratches but smaller on other spots around the car. The car is not tinted, its pretty much stock. It has an orange pine cone airfreshner on the rear view mirror as well a crucifix made of wood hanging from it. It also has carbon fiber paddles on the steering wheel overlaying the stock DSG shifter paddles. Inside on the passenger seat there are some blue polishing clothes and in the aux socket there is a phone charger for an iphone.

SOmeone called me after I posted some flyers and told me he might have seen it around 76th st or Eldert lane parked on the corner but he wasnt sure, he said he would go back after work tomorrow and check. I really appreciate it. He said it it wasnt too far from a place called Neirs Tavern? AGain thank you so much.

Claude_mk6

I also live in that area and have a candy white 2012 gti I will def keep my eye out and I'm now worried about my car being stolen [emoji30] best of luck finding it was it financed I heard that some financed company's put tracking devices on the cars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aohan03

MY CAR WAS FOUND!!! WAAHOOO!!! There is minimal damage, mostly cosmetic, it was found 2 miles from where I parked it and the police said the thieves scratched up the hood and and some other spots or some vandals did it up otherwise they said nothing is missing inside the car or under the hood or the wheels. Thanks for all your help and support guys!

NYCSuits

Go Kart Champion
MY CAR WAS FOUND!!! WAAHOOO!!! There is minimal damage, mostly cosmetic, it was found 2 miles from where I parked it and the police said the thieves scratched up the hood and and some other spots or some vandals did it up otherwise they said nothing is missing inside the car or under the hood or the wheels. Thanks for all your help and support guys!

Whoa! Crazy and awesome to hear. Was the car still in Queens and was it found parked on the street?

Renner

Go Kart Champion
I also live in that area and have a candy white 2012 gti I will def keep my eye out and I'm now worried about my car being stolen [emoji30] best of luck finding it was it financed I heard that some financed company's put tracking devices on the cars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WTF?