GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Is anybody taking advantage of the APR Stage 1 sale?

Ugene55

Ready to race!
Just wanted to see if anyone took or is planning on taking advantage of the sale that APR is having now till march 8th for the 2011 2.0 TSI engines

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
Oh trust me it does. I had mine done 1 week ago and the car is completely different. You won't be disappointed.

mikochu

boogerface
Stock to Stage 1 was a huge jump. Also, APR recently updated their Stage 1 and Stage 2 tunes. You'll notice a bigger jump from stock to APR Stage 1 than I did last year. I'd take advantage of the Fully Loaded deal...I think it's great. I love being able to switch between programs without a dongle.

I'm going to try to swing by my APR dealer on Monday to get the free update, too. Let's go together!

Also, going from Stage 1 or 2 to Stock mode feels like jumping into a Prius in Eco Mode. :p

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
I did! 920 something for a fully loaded ecu and intake. Price included tax shipping for intake and install on both! :)

FNR32

Ready to race!
I am very tempted to get it done sometime this coming week but I still can't decide if it's the right move to make.

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
I am very tempted to get it done sometime this coming week but I still can't decide if it's the right move to make.

Oh it's definately worth it man. Car's totally different!

mikochu

boogerface

You can always swing by APR's HQ in Opelika. I'm sure they can persuade you. You're in Alabama, no?

I'm not completely sure what's in v1.2, but APR has been using the 2.0 TSI on their race cars the last couple of years. Their first tunes were conservative. However, with their new findings through R&D for their own race team, their software update pushes the limit even further.

FNR32

Ready to race!
I am in Alabama. Im only about 1.5 hours away from the HQ. I went to the HQ to have Stage 2 installed on my MKV. My reservation is that I am not sure that stage 1 is going to be enough since I am used to a stage 2 MKV. (I imagine there isn't a MASSIVE difference between stage 1 and stage 2 and I was really starting to want more power on my MKV). I am interested in going with a K04 but it's going to cost me 3200 installed for roughly 270WHP on APR's tune and I am not convinced it's worth it to me. If the figure was closer to 300whp then I would be more inclined. Around 300whp is what I am hoping for and I don't know enough about Unitronic, Revo, or GIAC to feel comfortable going with their software just yet. I had GIAC on my MKIV R32 and it worked great but it's not like there was all that much power to be made on the R32 anyway without going FI or digging into the engine.

McQueen77

Banned
I figure I'll get a good year or so out of it stock and then do an APR Stage 1. Still just trying to get used to having a car payment again. I love it even stock, so I can't imagine how the extra 50 some odd HP and torque will feel. Something I want to graduate to over time and not just get right away. Thats just me though and I look forward to getting it. Ive read a lot of reports from people who have it that they brought their car in to the dealer for warranty service and more than once, the dealer did not detect the reflash, so thats really encouraging because the only thing I don't want to deal with is warranty issues.

upgrad3

Ready to race!
I just got my Stage I today and the car really is different....it really opens up....once you hit 2500rpms (in 3rd gear and up) you just start to pull, right through to redline.....throttle response is almost instant...I also have the Stage I Carbonio intake, which might make a SMALL difference, but not much over stock.

I've only had the GTI for about a month and a half and this is defiantly a nice upgrade.