GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

bad gasoline? Got -12 timming pull

kakluote

Ready to race!
try to make the race fuel by toluene,

now i am getting -12 timming pull in both light and full throttle open,

looks like engine is going to protection mode or something.

After reset the ecu timming pull will go back to 0, while after a short run it will go back again

My firends, any idea?

RGTI13

Go Kart Champion
I didn't even know the ECU could pull 12. I thought 10 was the limit?

Yeah, stop doing pulls and runs with 12 degrees of timing pull.

Didn't I say not to do that? You used too much toluene and it's not combusting. Drain it out and put normal gasoline in and drive like a normal person for 100 miles.

If it's not combusting, you could damage something depending on how much fuel it's dumping.

kakluote

Ready to race!
I didn't even know the ECU could pull 12. I thought 10 was the limit?

Yeah, stop doing pulls and runs with 12 degrees of timing pull.

Didn't I say not to do that? You used too much toluene and it's not combusting. Drain it out and put normal gasoline in and drive like a normal person for 100 miles.

If it's not combusting, you could damage something depending on how much fuel it's dumping.

yes, buddy you are right...lucky that i won the event with 201km trap speed:lol:

bad gasoline will also cause low boost, right?

i got a cel "request boost not meet" in 6800 rpm

RGTI13

Go Kart Champion
yes, buddy you are right...lucky that i won the event with 201km trap speed:lol:

bad gasoline will also cause low boost, right?

i got a cel "request boost not meet" in 6800 rpm

Could be because it's putting the ECU in a "safe mode" at the best case. Congratulations at the top speed.

How much toluene did you use? How much 91?

kakluote

Ready to race!
Could be because it's putting the ECU in a "safe mode" at the best case. Congratulations at the top speed.

How much toluene did you use? How much 91?

10 litter with 20 little 91

RGTI13

Go Kart Champion
10 litter with 20 little 91

So a 1/3 mixture? Not as major as I would have thought.

Switch your tune to a 91 tune and see how much timing pull you're getting. If you're not getting timing pull on the 91, it's just because the 100 octane tune is still too much for the mixture you made.

kakluote

Ready to race!
So a 1/3 mixture? Not as major as I would have thought.

Switch your tune to a 91 tune and see how much timing pull you're getting. If you're not getting timing pull on the 91, it's just because the 100 octane tune is still too much for the mixture you made.

already switch back to 91 tune, still get -12 both in light or full accel, even in idle, i put throttle a little open, -12....

it looks like ecu is going into a protection mode...