GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dealer wouldn't lock in financing offer

sup4l337

I went to the dealer looking for a 2012 CW 2 door autobahn with a manual transmission. they didn't have one exactly like that on the lot, but they said one is coming in on a truck the first week in may.

One issue with this is that the current 1.9% financing offer ends on April 2, So they couldn't lock in this rate since I wouldn't be taking delivery of the car until well after then. My question is does anyone know what Volkswagen tends to do this time of year with the offers or does it tend to be random?

I put a deposit down on the car so as of now it's mine but I am just patiently waiting for that day to see what the new offer is.

inc55

Go Kart Champion
from my experience, their rates are pretty much the same every month. I say let it expire and wait for the same offer which should appear on april 4th. Also, make sure you buy with ZAG. This way you can find a dealer which will give you the lowest price without any haggle. Consider buying from Hamilton VW in NJ. It's a bit of a drive but its worth the savings. They even lowered my interest rate even lower for nothing. First time in my live I had a good buying experience. Also, that dealership doesn't poke hole in the front bumper.

sup4l337

I am actually in Upstate NY so NJ is actually a bit far for me. my local dealer said there wasn't any of the exact car I'm looking for in the northeast (which is how far they would go for a dealer trade) and the only option was to order one.

Luckily they said they had this one coming in 7 weeks from now. This dealer actually gives you a set price and doesn't do any haggling whatsoever. The price they gave me is pretty good I think, could be better, but not much real room to budge since I'm set on this specific car/color/options.

Just hoping the interest rate doesn't jump up, hopefully it goes down to 0% :laugh:

inc55

Go Kart Champion
29,600 should be your target price. Wait it out, the interest rate should remain the same.

sup4l337

29,600 should be your target price. Wait it out, the interest rate should remain the same.

Thanks, that is a little re assuring. they actually gave me a final price of 29,815 which I thought was a little high, but I guess it isn't too bad. Where did you get 29,600 from ?

Niebeendend

Ready to race!
I would aim for a selling price of 28,500. Check out scottvw.com for an idea of what the 4 dr DSG version is going for under invoice.

Zag is no haggle but almost never the best price.

May financing should be similar, but dealer incentives may change.

inc55

Go Kart Champion
I got my car for 27800 using zag. I guess you can try to get a lower price but because it's an ordered car I doubt they will lower knowing you will want it. If the apr won't be the same then ask for a lower price to make uP for the difference.

sup4l337

I got my car for 27800 using zag. I guess you can try to get a lower price but because it's an ordered car I doubt they will lower knowing you will want it. If the apr won't be the same then ask for a lower price to make uP for the difference.

Exactly what I was thinking, this dealer is very firm on their price + them knowing I want the car since I'm looking for a very specific one lead them to giving me a higher price I'm sure.

DCUGTI2.0T

Ready to race!
The 1.9% deal has been going on since at least last September. VW has extended it every month. I was in the same situation when I was waiting for my car to arrive and the dealer said they can't lock in the rate until I purchase the car. Sure enough VW extended the deal again the next month and it wasn't a problem. I also suggest you apply for a loan from a credit union and get approved for their lowest rate as a backup plan or to use as leverage if VW tries to screw you on the rate. From my expierence though VW credit will work with you to get you to use them to finance the car. They don't want to lose out on that interest.

JKoby123

Ready to race!
Exactly what I was thinking, this dealer is very firm on their price + them knowing I want the car since I'm looking for a very specific one lead them to giving me a higher price I'm sure.

Where are you in Upstate? I used to work for Rome VW. Usually the rates don't differ that much from month to month, like stated above. If you have good credit, I doubt you'll see anything over 3.0 anyway. (that's being liberal, too.)

Grats on the ride. Myself and another guy are trying to get a meet up going for our area. I'll keep you updated!

Cwykle99

Ready to race!
Zag is good. I used Truecar.com and loved it. The dealer has already agreed to a certain amount below invoice, so no funny business.

DSF767

Ready to race!
I would aim for a selling price of 28,500. Check out scottvw.com for an idea of what the 4 dr DSG version is going for under invoice.

Zag is no haggle but almost never the best price.

May financing should be similar, but dealer incentives may change.

haha scottvw.com, they put amazing price right on their website.

I actually ended up going there when I bought mine because of the great internet price.

However they are a shitty dealership because they wanted to undervalue my trade by $3,000 that's the game Scott plays. However I then went to Gallery VW in Norwood and used Scott's internet price.

Gallery matched Scott's internet price and gave me a fair price on my trade ($8,000)

So in conclusion Scott sucks but their site is awesome for negation purposes.

Plus OP you are close enough to say if you don't give me that price then you will take a drive to Scott and buy from them for the extra savings.

CW_GTI1

Ready to race!
Try and get a preapproval draft from a Credit Union. Usually they have rates as low as 1.99% and you'll lock in the APR for around 3 months.