GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bluetooth 9w7 / RCD-510 Problems.

Brandonjjon

Ready to race!
I got my new Bluetooth module. Install was easy but I'm having a couple issues.

SPECS:
2010 MK6 GTI / RCD-510 and an iPhone 4 with latest software non jailbroken. (Also tested iOS 5).

1) There's supposed to be three icons on the MFD display. Battery, Bluetooth, and iPod icons... I only have the Bluetooth icon and two small squares where the other icons are supposed to be. My phone is an iPhone 4 with no jailbreak and the latest software.

2) My voice activation is not working AT ALL. I can press the largest button on the center roof console but it doesn't make any sound or do anything.

Any suggestions? Maybe this is a defective unit?

Brandon

Last edited:

smrtypants44

Go Kart Champion
I have the two small squares with mine. Im not sure whats going on with the voice activation, maybe you need to do some coding?

Brandonjjon

Ready to race!
Most people have said that it's just plug and play.. with OPTIONAL coding for the multi function steering wheel to change the mute button to the push-to-talk button. :/ But apparently the center roof console button (largest button of the three) is supposed to automatically work.

Brandonjjon

Ready to race!
Bump :/

Brandonjjon

Ready to race!
I did that. No resolve. :/

Blazn5

Ready to race!
I have recently installed my 9w7 and Im experiencing the same issue.

tt15gm

Passed Driver's Ed
Did any of you get the problems with the voice activation and the missing icons resolved?

I'm interested in upgrading to 9w7 as well for my RCD-510 unit, but it depends on how much of a pain it's gonna be to get those things worked out. I'm thinking that maybe the RNS-510 only displays all the icons. The voice activation needs to work though I thought only the voice command button on the steering wheel needs to be recoded to work while the overhead button should already work.

OldSkoolNJ

Ready to race!
This will not help but atlas give you hope. I just got the 9W7 and have the 2010 GTi with RCD510. It was indeed plug and play with the car. It paired no problem. I do have all three symbols on the MFD. The overhead button works for voice dialing. The button on the steering wheel will need coding from Vag for PTT. The LED overhead no longer works (expected).

Only advice I could offer is the delete the phone and re add it. Atop of that I would remove the 9W7 and e connect it. Another thought although I do not know if this matters but have you updated your stereo firmware?

Kevin

tt15gm

Passed Driver's Ed
This will not help but atlas give you hope. I just got the 9W7 and have the 2010 GTi with RCD510. It was indeed plug and play with the car. It paired no problem. I do have all three symbols on the MFD. The overhead button works for voice dialing. The button on the steering wheel will need coding from Vag for PTT. The LED overhead no longer works (expected).

Only advice I could offer is the delete the phone and re add it. Atop of that I would remove the 9W7 and e connect it. Another thought although I do not know if this matters but have you updated your stereo firmware?

Kevin

That's good to know! :thumbup: Where did you buy your 9w7 module and what phone do you have? I've got an iphone4 and I'm hoping I'll be able to see the battery life and signal strength icons on the MFD.

OldSkoolNJ

Ready to race!
That's good to know! :thumbup: Where did you buy your 9w7 module and what phone do you have? I've got an iphone4 and I'm hoping I'll be able to see the battery life and signal strength icons on the MFD.

I didn't buy it per say.... My buddies brand new CC got totaled and before it got hauled away he let me at his car :) . So aside from that I have an iPhone 4 (go figure ... I am a corporate rep from Apple ...) Yes all three symbols come up.

Such a worth while upgrade!

Kevin :word:

tt15gm

Passed Driver's Ed
Wow, good deal! That's good to know the module can work. That's gives me an idea... I may try finding a totalled newer VW with 9w7 at a wrecking yard or someplace. :)

I didn't buy it per say.... My buddies brand new CC got totaled and before it got hauled away he let me at his car :) . So aside from that I have an iPhone 4 (go figure ... I am a corporate rep from Apple ...) Yes all three symbols come up.

Such a worth while upgrade!

Kevin :word:

digitalextremes

I have 9w7 and have used it with RCD510 and RNS510 and have all the icons including battery and signal strength when its connected to my iPhone 4 (I have white display on a 2010 Jetta)

either you guys have the 9w3 or incorrect coding.

Can you post your model number of the Bluetooth module and the code in 09-Elec?

Airbus

Hi, I just completed the install of a 9w7 unit (or 9ZB which is also A2DP compatible) in my car.
The module 7P6035730E is connected to the RNS510 and only bluetooth icon shows in MFD with _ on either side...so it's like _bluetooth icon_. There is no battery level meter showing which I understand should show on iPhone 4. I also tried with Nokia 6300 and still only bluetooth icon. Perhaps this is why I am having issues playing back A2DP audio, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't... I checked in VCDS and there are no fault codes coming up for the telephone or nav unit.

Please can you help? Thanks.