GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

1.4TSI Custom Catback - Sound Test

Gangstashit

yo man I have got the same car, I'm considering to install the APR ECU upgrade from 160 to around 210 HP. Any ideas? does it affect the engine or related parts?

Stevanus.D

Ready to race!
I'm so sorry, but this is terrible sound !
lol as long i like it..its okay though..:bellyroll: .. i know 2.5 sound better..but this is a small cc engine..with its hi mpg rating...;) and lawn mower like sound..better than civic on fart canon though ... :p

yo man I have got the same car, I'm considering to install the APR ECU upgrade from 160 to around 210 HP. Any ideas? does it affect the engine or related parts?
APR is great for 1.4TSI..but my car got tuning box..which is not as good as any remap..but i really need the warranty..so why dont? hahaha... vw parts are ridiculously expensive here :p

1.4 T S I! I have to agree with above, it could sound better.
it could sound better... but i like it the way it sounds now..;)

Doesnt sound too bad :)
hehehe..glad you like it...

The wheels do look pretty epic

Ash3000k

Passed Driver's Ed

I got the APR 210 remap, I'm very happy with their switching software and the ability to erase codes and TBA

The only thing I'm not 100% on is the DSG gearbox with the 98octane remap, just seems a little harsh for everyday driving as it makes the gearbox a little snatchy (but great for track driving)

But the 95 remap is very nice for everyday driving and the DSG seems quite happy with it,

All in all I would highly recommend the APR remap :thumbsup:

Stevanus.D

Ready to race!
I got the APR 210 remap, I'm very happy with their switching software and the ability to erase codes and TBA

The only thing I'm not 100% on is the DSG gearbox with the 98octane remap, just seems a little harsh for everyday driving as it makes the gearbox a little snatchy (but great for track driving)

But the 95 remap is very nice for everyday driving and the DSG seems quite happy with it,

yeah but APR here are really hard to find...we dont get official dealer here...:p

Ash3000k

Passed Driver's Ed
Can't you send off your ecu to one oversea?

kern417

Go Kart Champion
yeah needs muffler to tame the sound so you can get a clear deep tone vs the rattle can sounds. and shorter exhaust tips. it sounds like a motorcycle

SweetJones_29

Ready to race!
slumbog cat-back.

Gangstashit

Good news, currently my car is in VW workshop it has been 2 months just to get the engine replaced and thank god it was within the warranty period.
After that ill install the software and the LED + suspensions.
Actually, in my country we have a lot of highways, so yeh it will be harsh in your case and from my experience the 1.4 tsi is a little bit annoying during rush hours:p

Ash3000k

Passed Driver's Ed
Good news, currently my car is in VW workshop it has been 2 months just to get the engine replaced and thank god it was within the warranty period.
After that ill install the software and the LED + suspensions.
Actually, in my country we have a lot of highways, so yeh it will be harsh in your case and from my experience the 1.4 tsi is a little bit annoying during rush hours:p

They call motorways 'Car Parks' in the UK! lol :thumbdown: