GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Clash of the MKVI K04s - Unitronic K04 GTI vs Revo K04 GTI (HD VIDEO)

maskari_gti1

Go Kart Champion
Hey guys,

After being the one and only K04'd MKVI GTI here, I finally got my self a competitor. He's a friend of mine and we did these pulls with extreme caution :rolleyes:

We decided to do 4 runs, two 60 km/h runs and two 100 km/h runs. The reason why, is becuase my car (Unitronic) either burns rubber like mad or go to limp mode if the rev goes beyond +7000RPM @ low speeds. And that what excatly happened in the first roll. The Revo car is running all supporting mods for the K04 upgrade just like mine except WMI.

Just two days after this video was taken, I took my car in for the 45k service and they reported a defective clutch + mechatronic :( No wonder why I always complained from the slow shifting even though I'm Uni Stage2 DSG ... The car has been at the dealer for almost a month now awaiting for the new parts.

I'm impressed by the power delivery of the Revo :clap: . I think it's time to get all the potential my car got with a new tuning file.

Here's the video, I hope you enjoy:

Last edited:

black power

Passed Driver's Ed
This was one of my best races ive had in my life. I really enjoyed the race to the max.
All thanks to my buddy maskari_gti

Enjoy the clip

Djunited1

Go Kart Champion
Nice runs

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
The UNI file is very obviously faster. Looks like the the dsg problem is the real reason you lost on the lower gear digs.

If you pulled away that much starting faster the file is a lot more powerful. It takes more power to pull away at higher speed. Better tires our you may need to add an lsd for traction and I bet the results look much better for you next time.

maskari_gti1

Go Kart Champion
The UNI file is very obviously faster. Looks like the the dsg problem is the real reason you lost on the lower gear digs.

If you pulled away that much starting faster the file is a lot more powerful. It takes more power to pull away at higher speed. Better tires our you may need to add an lsd for traction and I bet the results look much better for you next time.

That's exactly what I concluded. I'm getting new tires soon, a better DSG (fingers crossed) and LSD (hopefully in the summer). The car was much much better the first week of K04 instal.

davesxx01

Go Kart Champion
Nice runs but trying to understand your statement about WMI. Were you running meth on these runs?
Or were you both running the same octane fuel/maps?
Do you have the Uni DSG flash?

Also, as I read it the Revo car had a stock cat back? (per his sig)

maskari_gti1

Go Kart Champion
Nice runs but trying to understand your statement about WMI. Were you running meth on these runs?
Or were you both running the same octane fuel/maps?
Do you have the Uni DSG flash?

Also, as I read it the Revo car had a stock cat back? (per his sig)

Yea I was running WMI on all runs and Revo car wasn't. I had a Stage2 DSG flash but that didn't help at all. DSG was slow as hell in shifting with lots of clutch slippage under WOT. If you see my build thread, you can see how the top of the of my dyno graph got a big drop.

SlowS3

Ready to race!
Nice video, but not to be a hater you really need 2 cars with k04, both dsg, and have similar mods to have good evidence of both Revo VS Unitronic...not 1 have w/m or the other not have an IC, it can change the results drastically, also depending on weather.

maskari_gti1

Go Kart Champion
Nice video, but not to be a hater you really need 2 cars with k04, both dsg, and have similar mods to have good evidence of both Revo VS Unitronic...not 1 have w/m or the other not have an IC, it can change the results drastically, also depending on weather.

It's coz these are the only K04 MKVI GTIs around so we just wanted to see how the difference between a WMI and a non WMI.

07GTI-2.0T

Go Kart Champion
Yea I was running WMI on all runs and Revo car wasn't.

That alone if its working effectively gives you about a 20 whp advantage across the rpm range its being sprayed. Cant really call it Uni vs Revo