GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK5 Intake fit an R?

jp0319

Go Kart Champion
I mean an aftermarket FSI intake, why would they "leave a lot of power on the table"? KO4 GTIs use GTI CAIs.

07GTI-2.0T

Go Kart Champion

The only difference is MK5 intakes don't have the port for the dv recirc (and of course 08.5' and 09' MKVs are TSI and don't fit at all)

jp0319

Go Kart Champion
so the FSI GTI motor didn't have the DV recirc port? I'm only asking to see if the CAI pool is deeper than those labeled for the Golf R? I know companies take their sweet ass time to certify or say that an existing part works for another model.

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
so the FSI GTI motor didn't have the DV recirc port? I'm only asking to see if the CAI pool is deeper than those labeled for the Golf R? I know companies take their sweet ass time to certify or say that an existing part works for another model.

Honestly, I don't know about the old FSI GTI, I had no interest in them until the TSI came around in the MK6.

However, I would recommend either the CTS Turbo Intake (I have this one on my R), or the EVOMS. They are simple by design and deliver at a fair price. Also, they don't have issues with fuel trim numbers. For more info, check this thread.

jp0319

Go Kart Champion
Honestly, I don't know about the old FSI GTI, I had no interest in them until the TSI came around in the MK6.

However, I would recommend either the CTS Turbo Intake (I have this one on my R), or the EVOMS. They are simple by design and deliver at a fair price. Also, they don't have issues with fuel trim numbers. For more info, check this thread.

Thanks, I read that one. I was just exploring to see if there were additional options. Right now I am looking at EVOMS, Neuspeed, and Volant intakes for the R. All according to the thread you pointed out have no fuel trim issues.

JP

07GTI-2.0T

Go Kart Champion
so the FSI GTI motor didn't have the DV recirc port?

The k03 has the DV mounted to the compressor just like the TSI. You'd have to weld in a port for the DV recirc pipe. There is no difference otherwise. Same diameter (2.75"), same routing.

John@Unitronic

Go Kart Champion
You'll have to find a solution for the difference in DV assemblies between the MK5 (compressor mounted DV) and the Golf R ("relocated" DV). We'll have a different SKU for the Golf R Intake and the MK5 2.0 TFSI Intake, once released.

jp0319

Go Kart Champion
You'll have to find a solution for the difference in DV assemblies between the MK5 (compressor mounted DV) and the Golf R ("relocated" DV). We'll have a different SKU for the Golf R Intake and the MK5 2.0 TFSI Intake, once released.

good to know Uni has an intake coming.